Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fox Run Park

Memorial Day Weekend.  Saturday was beautiful!  It was a perfect day to be outside.  Seeing as how we haven't really had that many great days lately (weather-wise), we wanted to take full advantage of it.  We decided to go to one of our favorite parks, Fox Run Park, and enjoy the day.

We started off by grabbing some Taco Bell lunch to go, and finding a nice picnic table to eat at.  Then we went walking around the two little lakes, saw big orange fish swimming in the water, and dogs playing fetch in the water.  The fountain provided us some lovely and refreshing spray if we got too close to it.  Just beautiful.
The Husband took a turn carrying Mr. Kimble.  I'm telling ya, there's nothing sexier than seeing your husband carrying his baby in a front carrier, am I right ladies?  As you can tell by this picture, the Husband wasn't too thrilled at this photo-op, but I loved it.


It provided me with free hands, in which to take this self portrait of me and my girls!

We left the lake area and went up through the woods on a hiking trail.  However, that didn't last long.  The kids wanted to come back to the stream and do this:
(and Kamy obviously had to go to the bathroom...)
So we played in the water a bit, and then we moved on to the playground equipment, where we let the kids play for about 45 minutes.

During that time, I sat in the shade with Mr. Kimble, and it was really lovely. 
Then we loaded up the kids and came back home, but stopped on the way to get some Sonic milkshakes (buy one get one free!) to cool us down a bit.  After that, we had a nice relaxing afternoon together, at home.  I also took the opportunity of going grocery shopping by!my!self! and unexpectedly began preparing our meals for the week.  I hadn't planned on doing freezer meals, but it worked out nicely, and now that is that much less work I have to do this week....which is going to be a busy week for us.

Tomorrow, on Memorial Day, we've got more outdoor plans in the works.  Will post about that tomorrow, if I'm not too exhausted from the day's outing.

7 comments:

The Cushing Family said...

That park looks like so much fun! I think our family needs to take a quick visit there before we're gone. It's fun to be able to see what everyone is doing while I am still homebound! Glad you guys are enjoying the nice weather. It's so ironic that it stayed cold until the day I had my baby. :(

runningfan said...

Beautiful! I forgot about that great park. Fun times!

Jen Sue Wild said...

It looks like you all had a great day!!

JaneV said...

What a lovely day you all had. Great photos!

The Mitchells said...

What a fun idea. I'm gonna copy you for family home evening tonight. Its actually not windy!!

Jed and Kera said...

What a fun day! I love the picture of the kids in the stream! So cute!

kendra said...

looks fun! I miss it there!!!