Saturday, June 26, 2010

Post-Op Day 4

Yesterday was a nice and slow day, full of waiting and transitioning.  We started the morning off on the right foot, with Kimble having eaten about five times through the night.  He was back to where he was pre-surgery.  His doctors were thrilled.  I didn't have to use the breast pump anymore, so I was thrilled, and Kimble was nice and happy.  Thrilled all around.

Mid morning, Kimble had his final chest tube removed.   He got another sponge bath, and with everything clean and fresh, and a full belly, he settled down to watch Cinderella.  He is so funny about watching tv.  Very focused on the tv on the wall.

Oh,then we had a visitor!  Teresa came to visit.  Just like Julie, she remembers all the smells and feeling that the CICU re-surface.  We were even in the room they were in, with their baby Chance, so it was even more poignant.  Teresa gave Kimble some love, while I waited out in the waiting room with Chance and his two big sisters.  Teresa also brought us a yummy Old Chicago Pizza.  Thanks for coming  Teresa!

After that....we got transferred to the 9th floor!  We switched to the CPCU, which is the cardiac step down unit.  They even put us in the same room we were in, when we got moved here in November.  However, I hated that room, since it was right by the door, and you got a lot of traffic and noise.  I pleaded my case, and we got a different room, further down the hallway, and much more quiet.  This room has walls, and it's own bathroom!

For the next few days, we just sit and wait.  Everyone is watching to see if Kimble will develop extra fluid buildup around his heart and/or his lungs.  He did last time, and needed to have it drained.  To try to prevent this fluid build-up, we are still double-dosing his diuretics.  We will have another echocardiogram on Monday, and that will check for fluid.  Until then, we just hang out.

Believe me, we are more than thrilled to just sit around.

10 comments:

Patricia said...

I check your blog frequently and am so glad that Kimble is progressing. May it all continue. Keep on a trucking Mr. Kimble. You are doing great!

Michelle said...

He looks wonderful! How soon before he gets to go home?

purejoy said...

i've been really covered up this week and have just now gotten back to check on Kimble.

he's looking like his old self… look at him sitting up and looking all healthy!

i bet you're missing your other kiddles… glad they're in good hands, and i'm sure it's so sweet to spend some one on one time with just one of your kids.

y'all look great. it can be hard on a mommy and daddy!!

Julie said...

Wow- he looks great! I'm glad everything is going so well!

Brenda said...

Kimble looks so much better now. I have been following your daily updates. Will be praying that things continue to go well. What a blessing.

Jeff and Lori said...

Kimble looks wonderful. I love his smile and expressions. He looks like he is feeling better!

homefront said...

As Purejoy says, "Look at him sitting up". Wow, awesome! Sweet Little Man.

Paula said...

Yay! I love hearing how well his recovery is doing.

Colleen said...

Oh my gosh! Kimble's face in that last photo...LOVE IT! He is darling. So glad for just sitting around. Way to go Kimble!

Renny's little things said...

I found your blog awhile ago through another blog. I remember this person saying if you don't have a lot of time don't go here as you will fall in love with Kimble and his story that you will be reading all night. Then I lost it. There was no way I could find it. I'm so glad I stumbled across you again.
You have the most wonderful family they are all beautiful and Mr Kimble well i just want to hug him up. I have a 4 year old girl and a 6 month old boy and I can never imagine the pain and hurt that you and your family must go through. On the flipside there seems to be so much love between you all.
I congratulate you all on your strenght and thankyou for allowing us to all share your story.
I really hope that all goes well for Kimble and you guys.
Cheers Geniene (Australia)