Monday, July 19, 2010

7 Days of New Recipes

During Kimble's last stay in the hospital, I occupied my time by flipping through some cooking magazines that I checked out of the library there.  I copied lots of recipes, to be tried out at a later date.  Today seemed like a great day to go through them and see how I could incorporate them into my meals.

So, I separated out all the yummy sweet recipes (to be used later, because I'm watching what I eat right now) and decided to try some of the dinner ideas.  Here is what I'm making for the next seven days.

Pork Tenderloin with Pear and Cranberry Salad
Penne with Zucchini (and Crispy Parmesan Chicken)
Cantonese Grilled Pork (with Chinese Fried Rice {recipe in my cookbook})
Chipotle Lime Skewers (eaten in a soft taco)
Grilled Pork Tacos with Corn and Nectarine Salsa
Grilled Chicken and Spinach Salad with Spicy Pineapple Dressing
5-Spice Chicken Drumsticks (with leftover Chinese Fried Rice)

My grocery list is actually pretty short, as I already have all the chicken and pork in my freezer.  I am mostly getting fresh produce, and stocking up on other things that we need, like cereal, lunch stuff, and fruit and veggies.

If you are interested, I'll post the successful recipes.

Just to answer a few random questions: 

1. Kimble is doing great!  He's getting more strength, has rolled over from his tummy to his back a few times, and enjoys napping in his crib.  Last night, he only woke up once to eat, and I'm still stunned.  He still won't eat baby food, but he loves mashed potatoes, if I put it in his mouth with my finger.

2. I bought the material for his crib set at Joann Fabric.

3. This week, my women's group at church (the Relief Society) is making blankets for my blanket drive!  I'll make a post about it on Friday.  If you are interested in donating blankets to the Children's Hospital, just email me for an address to send it to!!  Just three more months until we deliver them!

1 comment:

purejoy said...

i really want to make a quilt, but i'm afraid the way things are this fall that i'm not going to be able to. we are opening nine new Petro's in nine college stadiums this fall. we're going into 8 new markets. five new states. and seven of the nine schools have opening home games on september 4.

yes post those recipes that you like!! they sound divine!! (so does planning for the week, but i struggle with planning for the day!
ha!
have a great week and i'll check back in as the week progresses.