Sunday, July 4, 2010

8 Months Old

I seriously can't believe that my little man is 8 months old now.  Even though I can't believe he is that old, at the same time, it has been a very long 8 months of life for him, spent transitioning between the hospital and our home.
Kimble is still on oxygen, although for limited amounts of time, we can take it off him, and see how he does.  If his oxygen saturation levels don't decrease a significant amount, then he should be able to be oxygen free by the end of this week.  He weighs in at 16lbs 13 oz!

Kimble is still refusing to eat baby food.  We are beginning some Occupational Therapy at home, to help him with his oral aversion.  Although, he has made progress this past week.  He will hold a spoon to his mouth now, which is huge.  Also, I dipped his binkie in some peaches the other day, and he actually sucked on it a bit, before he spit it out.  It's all progress!  The exception to all of this, is that he loves the little puff cereal that dissolves in his mouth.  He'll sit in his little countertop high chair and eat those as fast as I put them in his mouth.  The other day, after he was done eating, he fell asleep in his little chair, as I was making dinner.  He is just too sweet!
Kimble got his first tooth a few weeks ago.  It was about two days before his heart surgery, that his little bottom right tooth popped through.  That same day, Kimble rolled over on his own!  He can even sit up on his own, although he can't maintain it.  If he reaches for a toy, or moves to the side at all, he falls over.  So, I spend a lot of time sitting on the floor, with him sitting up between my legs, so he can manage his balance.  For these next two pictures, I was actually standing up, and he was sitting in the crook between my legs.

We absolutely adore Kimble.  He is just the sweetest baby ever.  He has such a calm disposition, and is super content to just sit with you and watch what's going on around him.  He recognizes his family members and is beginning to show excitement when they come around him.  Kimble is quick to give people smiles, although he still prefers his momma.

Kimble still takes great naps in his carseat.  He eats about five times throughout the night.  He takes about three naps a day.  He still sleeps right next to me, in my bed.  He babbles a lot (ooohs and aaahs) but no consonant sounds yet, like mama or dada, although I'm always saying it to him.

Kimble loves to put his binkie in his mouth, and seems to prefer it sideways, or upside down.  He rubs his feet together like he's a grasshopper, or a cricket rubbing his wings together.  He has yet to grab his feet and play with them, but he knows they're there...he'll grab them one of these days.

All in all, Kimble is adored by all.  We are so happy to have him with us.

6 comments:

Jed and Kera said...

Happy 2/3 Birthday Kimble! :O)

runningfan said...

My first thought when I saw his picture was that he wasn't on oxygen anymore! I'm glad he is making progress and doing so well in his recovery.

Cute blog background (again).

Julia said...

He is absolutely adorable. I'm glad he's making progress. Each little accomplishment is huge to you I'm sure. Prayers still being said for you and the how family.

purejoy said...

8 months already!!?? seems like he got here just yesterday. he's sure making some great progress. hope he gets that eating thing down. something that those new teeth will come in handy for!

Nancy said...

He's totally adorable and doing so well!

Enjoying Life One day @ a Time! said...

He is sooo cute! I am happy to hear he is doing well with his recovery.