Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I Bring You More Recipes

So, I have three recipes to share with you over the next few days.  All of them are very good, and have been deemed "keepers" from my kids.  The first recipe is slightly adjusted, but I got it from my friend Guy Fieri over at Food Network. (If I say he's my friend, then maybe he'll come visit and cook for us!!  Yum!)  He makes a kicked up Quesadilla that is fabulous.  I mean, we really LOVED the flavors that were in  this dish.  Try it, and tell me what you think.

Roasted Corn Quesadillas

3 fresh ears Corn on the Cob (roasted, then cut off the cob)
1 jalapeno (seeded and minced)
1/2 cup diced red onion
3/4 cup black beans, drained
1 roma tomato, diced
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes,diced

Seasonings:
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp chipotle chile pepper
Cilantro, add to your liking.  I added about 3 Tbsp chopped.

1-2 cups Shredded cheese (I used a mexican cheddar blend)
8 flour tortillas

Over medium heat, add some oil to your pan and saute jalapenos, red onions, black  beans, and bell pepper for about five minutes.  Add corn kernels, tomatoes, and sun dried tomatoes.  Saute for about 3-5 more minutes.  Add seasonings.

Evenly distribute mixture over 4 tortillas. Sprinkle/spread cheese over top.  Top with remaining 4 tortillas.  (I toasted mine on my griddle pan for a few minutes. Once the bottom was browning, I flipped them over and toasted the other side.  Or, you can place them on a baking sheet and cook on 375 for about 10 minutes)

Slice and serve!  We served these with guacamole and it was so fantastic.

If you want Guy's unaltered recipe, Go Here!

I also made this sauce to go with it. I ended up just eating them with the guacamole, but Heath loved this sauce.  Here goes.

Creamy Lime Dressing
2 Tbsp cilantro
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp lime zest
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonaise
1 clove garlic
2 Tbsp  honey

Put everything in your blender and blend until it is all mixed up.  Then, while you still have it blending, drizzle in 1/2 cup olive oil.  Blend until smooth.  Season with salt and pepper to your liking.

1 comment:

purejoy said...

you had me intrigued with the recipe, then you went on to creamy lime dressing.
i'm in heaven!! totally trying this one!!
mmmmmm.