Friday, July 23, 2010

The Inadvertent Workout

My family (brothers, sisters, in-lawers, my dad, and a friend or two) are doing a competition, of sorts, to lose weight.  We all put 15 dollars into the pot, and the person with the most percentage of weight loss at the end of  the eight weeks, will get the prize.

I took my "before" pictures.  I weighed myself.  I said goodbye to my excess everything, and turned a new leaf.  Now, I'm a week into it.  So far, I've changed my eating habits entirely.  It feels great.  However, I have pretty much failed at working out.  For reasons I won't go into (you don't need to hear my paltry excuses anyway) I just haven't worked out...for.a.long.time.  A LONG time.  That LONG time results in me looking the way I look.  It's time to get back into a smaller size.  A much.smaller.size.

So, this brings me to this morning.

This morning I wasn't even thinking of doing a workout. Actually, I was doing everything I could NOT to think about doing a workout.


Anyway, Kimble had a blowout. A super bad one. My sister Courtney took a picture a few weeks back, of a blowout that her newborn baby girl had.  It was everywhere!  Well, Corks, Kimble's blowout would make Jordyn's blowout seem tiny in comparison. Stay with me. This has a connection to working out. So, the blowout was all over me, Kimble, and his blankets that were between us. So, as I was cleaning him up, I had to change what I was wearing (as well as the sheets and blankets and clothing that he had) and as I was searching for some more pajamas to cram my monstrous thighs into and snuggle back under the covers in my bed, I came across my old workout pants. "Old" as in had.for.a.long.time.but.hardly.used "old". There were no jammy pants to be found.  So, I put on the stupid workout pants.   Then, guilt overcame me.  Since I had them on already, I figured I needed to do some exercising.

So, Kimble's blowout resulted in a clothing change, which resulted in inadvertently putting on workout clothes, which resulted in me going downstairs and doing the elliptical while smelling my favorite laundry soap (Gain) and listening to the washing machine clean all the blowout items.  I even put on shoes.  Although I think the shoes are super cute, I hate wearing shoes.  I seriously have the most claustrophobic feet.
 
 
 
Today, I rocked the workout.  Let's hope I have my own motivation in the future, and don't have to rely on a blowout to get me exercising.

9 comments:

Sharon said...

nice!! i've been a loser maniac at the worouts this week. i still worked out, but grudgingly(sp?)

Bek Bek Bek Bekah said...

good job shaina, I am right there with you though, its not easy getting that motivation that you need to get out there and workout. Yay for Kimble in is own way getting up and at em.

purejoy said...

i would like to have an eliptical!

my feet are the same way. they avoid prison at all costs (southerners by default).

congrats on the workout. i am going to start the south beach as soon as my books arrive!

runningfan said...

Hey, whatever works! Send some motivation my way, will ya?

dippyrooroo said...

you are so funny! Good for you!

Jennifer Magreevy said...

Those are really cute shoes! Are they comfy?

I have the same problem as you. I hate to work out. I did a program in May that required me to write down everything I ate, as well as do a public workout three days a week and all other days do something at home. I didn't lose ONE POUND. Talk about a downer! Needless to say, since then I've packed on about 7 pounds. I need to get my fat tooshie in gear...all of my cute clothes are going to waste!

Enjoying Life One day @ a Time! said...

What ever starts you working out is good! I can't get any motivation in my body and I really need to work out. Good luck!

kdaygirl said...

Hmmm I really like those shoes....

Ande said...

You can do it!!!! Guess something was telling you to do it. Can't wait to hear how it goes. I am slowly getting back on the horse again, summer is a hard time to do it. I hate exercising in front of the boys, but I am gonna do it anyway. GOOD LUCK, I am rooting for you!