Monday, July 26, 2010

Making Blankets!

Last Thursday night about 30 women came to the church building with their arms full of material, scissors, sewing machines, straight pins, needles, and yarn.  They were ready to sew!

Everyone joined in to make blankets for The Children's Hospital Blanket Drive!  Some spent the evening tying quilts.

We had about five sewing machines going, as well as people cutting and pinning.  It was a great assembly line.
I brought Kamy to help me, and she and her friends (one of them, Brittany, pictured with her) even helped tie fleece blankets for a while, and then they helped out in the nursery with the little kids.

I brought home 37 blankets that were finished.  There are at least 20 more that were taken home by everyone else, to put the finishing  touches on, like binding or topstitching.  It was a fun night, and such a great thing to be involved with!  Thank you everyone who made this night possible!

3 comments:

Nicki said...

What a woman! That sounds super productive. Also, those bibs that you made are super cute!!! I love the owls. And way to go on the workout thing--how's it coming now? I need some motivation of my own to get going.

runningfan said...

I'm glad the evening was a success! Seeing those pictures sure makes me lonesome for the Briargate Ward. :)

Julie said...

I'm amazed at how many you were able to get done! How exciting. The blanket count is definitely rising!