Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Smooshed


That's not purple nail polish on Georgie's thumb.  It got smooshed in a door last night, as Georgie was running after Kamy, who was being chased by Daddy, and in an effort not to get tickled, Kamy ran into a bedroom and tried to close the door, but Daddy was too quick and had slipped inside already.  Georgie, however, was not so quick.  Her thumb got smooshed...badly.

It was a night of pain and throbbing for Georgie.  We gave her an icepack and tylenol, but it didn't help much.  She slept on the floor in our room, whimpering.

This morning, it still hurts, but Georgie is back to her normal self, with a thumb that is still swollen, and a nail that is bound to come off.  Poor girl.

11 comments:

Nicki said...

OUCH!! That's one great battle wound. I'm also just getting caught up--looks like you had a great time with the Rogers. We sure miss you guys. Glad to hear that Kimble is doing so well--who wouldn't in that fantastic crib! XO

kdaygirl said...

That is one of the worst things to suffer! It hurts so much, Georgie is a trooper for such a bad looking thumb!
I miss you creepy girl!

Vix said...

Owie! Poor Georgie! Phoebe's toenail came off a couple of years ago [shudder] I can cope with most things except nail injuries! If you can get some arnica that should help the bruising in the interim, poor poppet!

Julia said...

OOOOOuuuuuuccccchhhhhh! Poor baby!

dippyrooroo said...

Oh! Poor baby! It's so sad when a fun time turns into miserable injury! That's about the most smushed thumb I've ever seen.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Baby girl I am so sorry.. I wish I was there to kiss it better and take you out for a treat..

Ande said...

Poor Georgie. I bet she got a lot of kisses. Is there any requirments for blankets for you? I didn't know what size to make, I got a bunch of flannel and thought I would make some for you. Just let me know. Thanks!!!

Lana said...

My little Kaitlyn slammed her finger in the car door...and to this day, I re-live it! She did loose the nail, (poor Dr. Denny, he was a wreck!) but he was right, in the end, the nail is beautiful again. Poor baby....I "git" it as they say here in Texas!

purejoy said...

owwwwwwww. i will never forget my first (sadly, not the last) time i got my finger slammed in a door. i remember being amazed that i had a "heartbeat" in my thumb.
poor thing.
it's a memory!
:-(

Heidi said...

This just happened to us recently too. My youngest got his index finger in the car door. The nail was hanging off. It never bruised like Georgies though. His nail is almost all the way grown back finally.

Valerie said...

aww, poor georgie. I hate it when something fun turns into someone got hurt. Does that make sense? hahaha I hope she heals quickly.