Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day Of School

It's the first day of school.  5th grade, 3rd grade, and 1st grade.  This is also the last year that all my kids will be at the same school, since Kamy will be in 6th grade next year, and be in Jr. High.  But we won't think about that right now.

So the kids were all excited.  Last week they met their teachers.  Kolby has one of Kamy's old teachers, who changed grades to teach first grade this year.  Keaton has a brand new teacher to the school, and Kamy has a teacher that did some 4th grade level work last year, and is now her 5th grade teacher.  Should be a great year!



They laid out their clothes last night.  We packed big lunches.  I made them lemon-cottage cheese pancakes this morning for breakfast with orange honey butter (which Kolby said was a keeper) and even Kimble munched on a pancake.  Then we took a few pictures and they were out the door by 8am.

Just for fun, here is their first day of school LAST YEAR.  They really have grown up!

With no plans today, Georgie and Kimble and I are all hanging out in our pajamas.  We may even take a big nap together later today.

9 comments:

Valerie said...

They have grown soo much!! It's crazy what a year can do when you are young. They all looked so nice for the first day of school. I remember picking out the PERFECT outfit for the first day. IT was so fun. Can't wait for my kids to start in 2 weeks!!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Great pic.. I hope they have a great school year

runningfan said...

Happy first day! WOOHOO!!!!

purejoy said...

wow. what a difference a year makes!! kamy especially… long hair, different glasses… she's so cute, but then ALL of your kids are so cute!!

kendra said...

hope you've had a great day today!! our first day is tomorrow... it'll be great!

Jennifer Magreevy said...

I love that you have great pics from each year so you can compare/contrast how they've changed each year. But I have to admit, the whole time looking at those photos, all I can think of is, "I miss Colorado Springs!" :(

Colleen said...

Great photos! Here's to a AWESOME new school year!

dippyrooroo said...

They have grown a lot! It's amazing how much Kami's hair has grown in a year! Those are some good looking kids you've got!

mamaduck said...

I like you, am trying to ignore the fact that next year my baby girl goes to junior high.