Monday, August 23, 2010

Liar Liar, Pants On Fire

Our Family Home Evening lesson tonight was on Lying.  While I was making our dessert, I had The Husband go to each kid and ask them for two lies and one truth.  They had a good time coming up with great lies.  For example, Georgie's lie was that she can speak chinese.  Keaton said that he hated rolled up newspaper fights.  Kolby said that he had glasses when he was 1 year old, and Kamy said she loved playing with dolls.   

Then we talked about how we are given a commandment not to lie.  Even if the lie is big or little, it is still a lie.  I hope the message got through to them.  There have been quite a few lies spoken lately.

Just for added pleasure, here is a picture of Mr. Kimble.  He loves table food now!!  Here you see the remnants of spaghetti.  Yum.

In other news, we are starting to go house hunting, to buy our first home.  Wish us luck!

4 comments:

runningfan said...

No matter what your post is about, I am always swept away by those amazing brown eyes!!

Kudos on FHE and good luck with the house! When will you start to tour properties instead of just looking online?

Colleen said...

Great lesson! And I only wish you luck if your house in our ward, cuz I'm selfish like that. :)

I'm Always Rite said...

What a fun FHE! I think our munchkins might have too much fun coming up with lies... :]
Kimble is adorable... as always!
Good luck on the house hunt! ;}

courtney said...

House hunting can be really fun if you don't get impatient with wanting a house bad! Have fun!