Friday, August 27, 2010

Stuck In A Rut


Somehow, Kimble manages to get himself wedged almost completely under the couch.  The more he struggles, the deeper under he goes.  I heard him howling like this yesterday, and although he was clearly annoyed that I wasn't getting him out immediately (I had to take a picture, right?) he quieted down instantly when I pulled him out, so he was just fine.

I've been stuck in a rut lately too.  Wedged in deep and can't succeed at what I want to do.  Basically, I'm stuck.  I'm referring to my weight loss plan.  I finally deduced, after a month of not losing  weight despite my drastically changed diet and working out  (although that part definitely needed an improvement) that while I'm breastfeeding, my body holds tight to what it has.  It always has.  In the past, I've never lost my weight until after I stopped nursing my babies when they turned one.

So, I get to be unhappy about my weight for a few months more, until my body gets on board with me.  It's something I wouldn't trade right now, though.  I love breastfeeding Kimble, and with him being my last, I've gotta savor the moment for as long as I can.

11 comments:

Jeff Ann Ehre & Benjamin said...

You don't know who I am, and I'm not sure how or when I started to follow you blog, but I've been doing so for a while now :) In responce to your weight loss, I am looking at the same challange in a few months after I deliver #3. I'm not sure what your diet changes have been but I can recomend two things. 1. "Eat to Live" diet, aka "Word of Wisdom" diet.I did this for 2 weeks and lost 15 lbs,but my dr said it was ok because I was eating soooo many fruits and veggies, I wasn't loosing nutritional value, just the extra carbs. 2. I fell in love with the "Biggest Looser" workout DVDs, I love the 30 minute workouts that really kick my butt. I know that breastfeeding really changes how our bodies loose weight, but maybe one of these two suggestions will help out! Keep the blogs rolling its been fun to watch Kimbles progress, I've been inspired by your positive attitude and appreciate you sharing your story.

Nicki said...

Ha! I love that you paused to take a picture first! How on earth did he do this?! Give them all a squeeze from me and I just have to say amen to bodies holding on to weight to make those babies that much healthier! At least I'm pretty sure that's my reason too.

Maynards said...

Poor Kimble. The picture is hilarious though! I'm with you on the weight loss thing. I finally was cleared to work out because I got my iron back up to normal, but I totally trashed my knee on my THIRD run! We can sulk together while you finish breastfeeding and I wait for my dang knee to heal up. Then we can reap the rewards with our new and improved hot bods!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Kimble, So cute I love his mad face.. Good luck with the weight loss. Just keep up what you are doing and once you stop nurseing I bet the weight will come off fast..

Shavonne said...

I suck at it too!

Julia said...

Babies are so much fun even when it's at their expense! Kimble is so very cute. As to your weight loss. I understand your frustration, but just know that Kimble and your other kids love you no matter what size you are and they are the most important people in your life, well, along with your husband, RIGHT? At one point when I was feeling especially low about being overweight and trying to lose, I realized that some of the people I love most in this world are overweight.

The Cushing Family said...

I am the exact same way with weight loss. I have started exercising like an hour a day and eating good, but to no avail, the weight stays on. No matter how hard I try, it just is going to hang on until I quit nursing (okay pumping). It is just so frustrating!!! I get especially frustrated when I hear of friends that lose tons of weight from nursing. SO NOT FAIR!!!

Ande said...

I was the same way with nursing, so enjoy it while it lasts and then worry about the weight. Still exercise though, that just keeps me sane sometimes. :)

courtney said...

Classic!

Valerie said...

I love his little face screaming for help. I did this too when milk fell on Averie's head!
My body won't lose the last bit of weight either until I stop nursing. But like you, I wouldn't trade it for the world. Keep your head up girl! I'll just send you some european Nutella...just enjoy it!

I'm Always Rite said...

It totally looks like you dropped a couch on poor Kimble! He looks sooooo saaaad! :( Simon used to do that to himself all the time!