Monday, October 4, 2010

11 Months OLD

My Baby Boy is 11 months old today.  11 months old.  One month shy of a year.  Wow.


Kimble is doing really well.  He is very curious about the world around him.  He's constantly moving around on the floor, wedging himself in corners, balancing on the edges of stair steps, going under the kitchen table or behind the computer desk.  He's always moving!

Mr. Kimble can't crawl on his hands and knees yet, but he does an impressive army crawl/scoot.  He gets where he wants to go, and he gets there FAST using a combination of turns, rolls, and belly crawls. He reminds us of a special ops mission, where people are crawling through enemy territory, using as low a profile as possible.  We love to sit and watch Kimble move around.  He is quite entertaining.

Kimble also gets up on his knees, wherein he'll rock and rock, back and forth, like he's getting ready to take off, only he never does.  He also still does "push-ups" as often as anything else, and sometimes sticks his bum really high in the air, with his nose on the ground.  He's a Yoga Instructor in the making, I think.


If you look closely in the above picture, you can see a bruise on his right eyelid.  He got knocked over, while sitting, when  the kids were chasing each other.  Kimble was in the war-path, and ended up knocking is eye into the corner of the cedar chest as he fell.  Poor baby.

Kimble has four teeth now.  He has three on the bottom and one on the top.  However, his top tooth seems to be his "vampire" tooth, which is odd that it would come in before his top middle teeth.  I've never heard of a baby getting other teeth in before their middle teeth, so I'm a bit worried that his cleft lip is only part of his mouth problems.  We have a followup with the Cleft Lip Team at the hospital in a few weeks, and I'm anxious to hear what they have to say about this.

I absolutely LOVE Mr. Kimble's squinty smiles.  He is so dang cute.  He makes us laugh whenever he does them.  He also loves to be (very gently) tossed in the air, so softly that he never leaves your grip, but still enough for him to feel a bit of air time.  He smiles and smiles when we do this.  Loves it!

 Kimble still wakes up once a night to eat.  He takes between one and two naps a day.  He goes to sleep quietly by himself, with a blanket and his binkie, which he still loves more than anything. Anytime he sees you approaching, and he's on his belly, he'll balance on his belly, with his hands off the ground and his feet off the ground, with all four of his limbs shaking and kicking with excitement.  So cute.

Kimble eats and LOVES all food.  He is so happy at mealtime, and offers some sqauks and squeaks and squeals if you wait too long between bites.  He happily drinks water from a cup, if you hold it for him.  He drinks water and juice from a bottle, but thus far, refuses breastmilk in a bottle.  He hasn't mastered a sippy cup yet, but we'll keep trying.

Kimble loves all his toys, but is now really intrigued in other things, like phones, remote controls, pens, books, and whatever else gets dropped on the floor, and then screams if you take it away from him.  Kimble says things like "dadada" and "bababa" and the such, but doesn't link them to what they are.  Right now he's just  babbling, and he sounds so cute doing it.

Kimble has a few doctor's appointments this month (his very late 9 month checkup, a cardiology appt, a cleft lip appt, and a developmental followup the Children's Hospital) and then we'll know what his weight is, but based on how much he's been eating, and how chubby he looks, I'd say he has surpassed 20 pounds.  We'll see.

Kimble continues to delight us all.  Happy 11 month birthday my sweet baby boy!

14 comments:

Maynards said...

Funny thing...I just posted Williams 4 month update. Great minds think alike. I LOVE Kimble's cute squishy smile. He is so cute. I was happy to read about how healthy and happy he is right now. He is so blessed to be in your family.
p.s. Mary's "vampire tooth" came in before her middle teeth as well. Kind of crazy, huh."

purejoy said...

thanks for the kimble fix. he looks so much like heath i can't stand it!! and those cute little argyle leggings?? sooo cute! love that cheesy grin. so scrumptious!
hope all his dr appts go well!! happy 11th, buddy!

Julia said...

Thank God for the blessing of Kimble!

LollyChops said...

What a total cutie! I am so happy to see him looking so darn good!

HUGS sweet friend!

Shannon said...

My daughter got her "vampire" teeth in first. Strange, I know, but she turned out just fine! Hopefully it will be the same with Kimble.

sweet stuff and tiny said...

I just want to say, I love your blog and I love watching Kimble grow up, what an adorable little guy you have. And I want to tell you that both of my girls side teeth on the top came in before the two middle ones. I have the cutest vampire pics of both of them. Good luck with the appointments, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care, Michelle

BrittanyLane said...

Oh my goodness what a cutie! Such a precious smile. He looks like he has a hilarious personality.

Karen and Matt said...

He is so darn cute! Glad to hear that he is doing well, and healthy! Happy 11 months Kimble!

Colleen said...

Kimble, you are DARLING! He is such a fantastic baby. I am sorry about his little bruise, OW! I think Jen's s-i-l's baby got his eye teeth before his middles too, so it can happen! Love you Kimble, and mommy too!

Reynolds Family said...

My oldest two daughters both got their "fangs" first and our doctor said it was just as common to get those first as it was to get the middle ones first. Weird! He sure is a cutie with a head start on his Halloween costume:)

runningfan said...

Another plug for the vampire tooth...not my kid's, but my brother's. Everything is probably fine, but I'll be happy to hear the report from the doc.

Jennifer Magreevy said...

I wouldn't worry about the teeth situation. A friend of mine has a little girl who got a lower vampire tooth (whatever those suckers are called) as her FIRST tooth. Kinda looked weird, but she's fine. And my son is a late teether, he didn't get any teeth until he was almost 14 months old. He still doesn't have the two lower ones that are beside the middle ones. Whatever...they'll come in when they are ready! :)

Mandi Buchanan said...

Adorable! You are making me baby hungry!

Julie said...

He is so darn cute! I can't believe our boys are this grown up. Has it really been almost a year???? I can't wait to see you both in a few weeks!