Monday, October 11, 2010

The Fabulous Girl's Night

Ah, Girl's Night.  I've really missed having a Girl's Night.  I think it's been six or eight months since I hosted one of these parties, and boy did I need a night of laughing.  It was rejuvenating.

We started off the night by eating the delicious and fattening food that everyone brought.  Of course, that's a great time to mingle and laugh and carry on three conversations at once, all the while listening to everyone else's conversations too.  Then, once we got a good group of people there, we made sure everyone knew everyone's names by playing a Name Game.  After we were all comfortable screaming out someone's name before you were whacked with a newspaper roll, we moved on to The Garbage Bag Game.  I've explained how to play this game HERE, and it sure is fun. 

You get people stealing blindfolds and gloves right and left.


Eventually, you get a prize, and Marcia was very happy with her hundreds of straws...

 Until she saw Ashley win an 8 pack of Reeses...In which case she became so excited for such a treasured gift, event though it was somebody elses, that in her excitement, she busted through her package of straws and they went flying around the room in a straw-like rainshower.

Of course, you always get someone who cheats a bit.  Lydia had her blindfold tucked into her glasses, so as not to waste any time tying it.  There were presents to be found, and she dumped the entire garbage bag out, so she could search for the wrapped gifts more quickly.


 I love sitting back and watching people laugh during this game.  Jenn obviously found something hilarious.

And so did Jennifer.

Here is a group picture (minus me, the photographer) of everyone showing off their dollar store prizes.

Afterwards, we played many more games, ate many more treats, and laughed so much and so hard that I'm sure some of us could have used some depends.  It was so much fun, and the party went into the a.m.  Thanks for such a good time, girls.  We have to have another party sooner, rather than later.  It is the best medicine ever.

4 comments:

COKE FAMILY said...

It was a great time, you girls did great planning it! The bruise on my arm looks brutal...wish I knew where it came from. Thanks for the planning and glad that I'm finally catching up on my sleep. But the laughs were well worth it!

Maynards said...

I actually had a dream that very night, that I was there, at the party with all of my beloved friends. I woke up and cried and cried and cried. You have no idea how much I miss my dear friends.

Colleen said...

As always, a fabulous time! You are sure the party girl!

Jeff and Lori said...

Great times!! Thanks for making it happen, Shaina and Colleen!!