Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Giraffe...Or Two

So my sister Sharon sent me a link to make a cute little Giraffe.  A crochet giraffe.  She said it was super easy.  "Beginning Level!"  So, I looked at the pattern.  I didn't understand a word of it.  Besides, my crochet skills are sadly lacking.   I know what you are going to say.  "Hey, what about that fabulously cute dollie that you crocheted a year or so ago..."  Yes.  I made her. However, Sharon was right by my side, the entire time that I made her, while I was sitting in my old ugly bathrobe on the couch, every hook and loop of the way.  I had no idea what the stitches were called, and I was pretty sure I had forgotten most of them.

Anyway, I was encouraged, because she made the cute little giraffe, and posted about it on her blog.  I was swayed.  I decided to make the giraffe, and looked up on youtube the different stitches I would be using.  (Do you even call it stitches?  Probably not.)

I started making the giraffe, and the next day, I received a package in the mail.  It was filled with blankets for my blanket drive, as well as the cute birthday shirts she made Kimble and his two cardiac baby friends, and...a surprise.  Out popped the little giraffe she made!!  She intended it to be for Kimble, for his birthday.  Since I was already making one, it looked like Kimble would have two giraffes!

I finally finished mine. It took a bit longer than it took Sharon (who is super speedy at everything crafty), and they look just a bit different (besides the difference in color) but I love them.  What do you think?

They are so cute, and are the best of friends already.

I posed them with Kimble, so you could see the size ratio, but since they are for his birthday, I told him not to look!  He obeyed.

If you are interested in making one of these cutie giraffes, just go HERE.  You have to create a username and password, but that is it, and then you can enjoy free patterns.

Thanks for the giraffe Sharon!!  You are the best.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

yay! he turned out perfect, I knew you could do it!

runningfan said...

Totally cute!

Andi said...

They are so cute, wish I knew how to make one. I can sew and scrapbook, can't crochet. Any chance of a give-away? Just wondering, can't wait to see Kimble enjoying his 2 new friends. :-)

purejoy said...

adorable. i'm almost convinced i could try that… but i'm a knitter and don't even know how to crochet. but with youtube i can do anything!