Monday, October 18, 2010

Perspective

A few weeks ago, I discovered this picture, leftover on the kitchen table along with the normal debris of apple cores and chip bags.  It was drawn by Kamy.  Now, it's not unusual for me to find her drawings throughout the house.  She loves to draw different  things (mostly people), and I enjoy seeing her drawings.  I don't have a whole lot of talent, in the drawing area, so I am glad to see that someone in our family does.  However, the picture she drew gave me pause.  I couldn't figure out why she would draw a picture like this:


Most of her pictures show people dressed very modestly, and usually in long flowing dresses or the like.  This lady had hardly anything on, and she was obviously very voluptuous.  I showed the drawing to The Husband, and he couldn't figure it out either.  I don't want to say that it caused us concern, but we were anxious to ask Kamy the context.

So we did.  "Kamy...this is a very interesting picture that you drew.  What is it about?"  She replied "It's princess Leia, after she was captured by Jabba The Hut, and turned into a slave.

Oh!  Now it all made sense.  I just needed some perspective.  Then, I suggested she complete the drawing, by including Jabba The Hut.  She got right on that, and now, the picture is complete.
Sometimes, we all need a little perspective.

6 comments:

Brittany Nicole said...

Is it sad that my first reaction to this picture was "Oh, it's Star Wars!"

purejoy said...

i didn't get the star wars connection, but knowing how much your kids are all about sw, i should have figured that one out!

BrittanyLane said...

Haha! That's so awesome. Hilarious.

Heidi said...

Thats awesome great drawing:)!!!

Maynards said...

I can't stop laughing.

dippyrooroo said...

Ha Ha! I'm surprised Heath didn't realise who it was!