Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I "LIKE" your photo!

In thinking about Mr. Kimble's new room in our new house, the topic of decorating it brings me excitement.  Now,  I've never had a nursery theme, with any of my kids.  In fact, their rooms today lack any creativity or decoration.   I'm going to change all that.

For Kimble's room, I've been a bit reminiscent lately.  There are so many great pictures that I have, from his first year of life.  There are a small handful of newspaper articles about him.   There are pictures of him with his two heart buddies.  I'm thinking I should have a little montage, a collection of sorts, of what has transpired during the last year.  Our sweet miracle baby.

With perfect timing, I discovered a contest where, if picked as the winner, your chosen picture can be created with a combination of digital, hand, and painting processes on an Oak composite  (words taken from Modern  Bird Studios Website)  Sounds really cool.

So, I entered this picture into their contest, on Facebook.

I took this picture on the day Kimble turned 4 weeks old.  He had already had two heart surgeries, a Cath-Lab procedure that was just as critical as the surgeries, and was getting ready to have another surgery to drain excess fluid around his heart.  It was the first day I could put clothing on him.    He's wearing some little green monkey jammies that I intended to be his "going home" outfit, but four weeks into our hospital stay, I wasn't sure how much longer we would be there. Thus, I dressed him and took this picture.  To this day, it's one of my favorite pictures of Kimble.

Anyway, back to the contest.  For one week, on Facebook, I need to get as many people as possible, to "LIKE" this  picture.   The makers of Modern Bird  Studios will pick a winner from the top five pictures.  If you have a facebook account, and wouldn't mind voting for us, please GO HERE, (You have to LIKE Modern Bird Studios, then on their wall, you will see their Holiday Contest) find Kimble's picture (it's on the first row!), click on the picture, and then click on "LIKE" under the picture. 

Thank you for your time!

4 comments:

Enjoying Life One day @ a Time! said...

I hope you win! He looks so cute ;)

Maynards said...

I am a pathetic facebooker, and I don't get on there very often, but when I do, I will for sure vote for this adorable picture! You may not have gotten on house hunters, but with this picture and the blanket drive publicity, you are bound to be famous! You rock.

purejoy said...

where do i go to say i LOVE this photo? he's too cute. he's grown soooo much. what a year!

Angie said...

I am a new follower (found you by googling Birds Nest Ornament)

What a darling little man! I voted for him! Good luck