Wednesday, November 17, 2010

More Letters

Dear Goodwill,
I am appalled at your prices, as well as your clutter, but this letter is directed at your prices.  You had quite a few dressers, night stands, desks, and tables on display today.  Not one was listed  under 79.99.  I saw one beat-up dresser, that if located at a garage sale, I wouldn't even pay 10 dollars for.  You had it tagged as $149.00.  Absolutely ridiculous.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

Signed,
Not really a fan anymore.

.....
Dear Black Friday Shoppers,
It's been at least ten years since I've been interested in waking up in the middle of the night, just so I can sit outside for a few hours in the freezing cold, only to be practically molested as I try to make my way inside the store by fellow CRAZIES shoppers.  I really hope you all are nice.  The world doesn't need anymore rudeness.

Signed,
Unmotivated Shopper.

.....
Dear JoAnn Fabrics,
I will be attending your Black Friday Sale.  I intend to buy some of your cozy flannel fabric so I can finish making my girls some rag blankets for their beds.  I know they will love this Christmas present. Thank you for having such a great sale, although I really dread the amount of time I will be standing in line at the cutting  table.  Please have lots of employees working, and working efficiently.  I don't need to chat.  Just cut it, give me my receipt, and move on to the next person.  No offense intended.  Everyone wants to get in and get out.

Signed,
Flannel Lover.

.....
Dear Family Members!
I can't wait to see all of you for Thanksgiving!  I can't believe almost all of my side of the family will be together.  It's going to be so much fun.  Lots of food; lots of games; lots of activities planned.  I love my family!

Signed,
Na

.....
Dear Sister Who Is The Only One Who Can't Make It For Thanksgiving.
I am so sad I won't see you.  I think you need to make it up to me by coming down here and visiting for a week.  What do you say?

Signed,
Na

.....
Dear Kamy,
Yesterday you got sick as soon as school was over.  You spent a miserable evening throwing up.  Today you are back to your normal self.  I really hope that it was just an isolated occurrence, and nobody else will get sick. I love you, but please don't spread your germs!

Signed,
Mom.

.....
Dear Inspector,
In a few days, you will inspect the house that we plan on buying.  Please do a thorough job.  We don't want any surprises after we move in.  Although I'm still not in love with the house, it's the house we will buy, so be it.  I intend on making it warm and cozy and beautiful and will be inviting lots of friends to come over and socialize with me.  I look forward to your report.

Signed,
Future Homeowner.

.....
Dear Checking Account,
This month has not been kind to you.  From finding treasures to beautify our new home, to finishing off the last of the Christmas shopping, to buying appliances, to paying for inspection, for birthday parties and gatherings....Well, next month should be better for you.  Try to be a bit more stingy with your money.  Just say no!

Signed,
Debit Card Swiper.

.....
Dear Blog Readers!
Thank you for hanging around!   It's fun to have an audience, even though you are much too quiet for my liking.  Feel free to comment to your hearts content.  On another note entirely, if you are looking for a great gift to give family or friends, consider my cookbook.   I made it last year, in effort to raise money for Kimble's medical costs.  We still have appointments, travel costs, and even more appointments.  Thanks for helping!

Signed,
Blog Author.

13 comments:

runningfan said...

Fun letters! If you comment on my blog, I'll comment on yours. :) Commenters are hard to come by these days! My ticker says I get a couple hundred visitors a day, but they are almost all mute.

courtney said...

Dear Na,

I am so super excided to see you and your family! I hope the trip is not too stressfull and that the roads are clear and safe! I am bummed that Shavs cannot make it either, I know she must feel bad as I did when I missed our summer reunion, but she will be with family and we shall be happy for her! I love you tons and my girls are excided to play with your kids and re-meet them! They think it is funny that they have an Uncle Heath!
love, corks

Julia said...

Great letters. I could have written some of these myself. I love your blog. I like comments, too. I wish everyone who visited would leave one, don't you?

Jed and Kera said...

To anyone reading this that doesn't have the cookbook...Get it! :O) I love it! I've made a dozen things out of it so far and all have been yummy!

Angie said...

I was just at our Goodwill and was not happy with some prices too - they wanted a ridiculous amount for a really beat up box.

Is Joann's having a good flannel sale?!? I might have to indulge. I luv flannel! As do my boys!

Shavonne said...

Thanks Shaina, I'll be missing you guys alot too!!! Play some games for me :)

Ande said...

Fun letters, you are so creative. :)

Enjoying Life One day @ a Time! said...

love the letters can't stop laughing at work...sorry you didn't win :(

The Mitchells said...

I totally don't get the Black Friday draw. All that just to save a few bucks. No thanks. I love sleep, and hate waiting in line about as much I hate crowds in stores. I got an ad from Khols saying they are opening at 3am Black Friday! That is insane. I love shopping as much as the next girl but who wants to do it at 3 o' clock in the morning? NOT ME! Good luck with JoAnne's. I will be staying warm at home.

purejoy said...

agreed. cookbook is fantastic.

jo ann fabrics. i'm almost to the point where i can't shop there any more. it has more selections than russia… but i'd say the lines rival any i've ever seen anywhere. seriously!! but flannel rag blankets sound super awesome. make sure to share some pix!
sorry about kamy not feeling well. i've got one down and out, too (recovering from surgery).
off to unload groceries and get dinner started!

lori parkhurst said...

I love ur blog! I am becky maynards cousin Lori. I follow it because I love it! Your recipes are fantastic and your crafts are beautiful Keep up your great work!

I'm Always Rite said...

Dear Shaina,
You rock! I love reading your blog, but I have become so busy that my visits are further and further apart, but please know that I do check in. I'll try to be better at posting lots and lots of comments! Thanks again so much for sharing your crazy life!
Sincerely,
Just Rite
(devoted, if not sporadic, Just Because reader)

Candace said...

I totally agree with the joann's letter! Great job!