Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Next Few Days

The next few days of our visit were filled with playing lots of games, talking, and eating good food...not to mention that I joined in on some Black Friday shopping, and quite literally froze solid in line outside the store.  So. Dang.Cold.

Anyway, back to the social aspect of our trip.  We had four babies to ooh and ahh over.  Kimble is the oldest baby, with the youngest about 5 months old.


We reserved the church, so that we could all fit for our Thanksgiving dinner.  This was our set-up.


Georgie went to get her own food, and came back with just a few crackers and some cheese spread.  I went back with her and helped her get a decent meal.  Kolby's favorite part of the meal was the sparkling apple cider!

Naturally, I sat next to my BFF.  I love it when I get to see my sister Kim.  Of course I love being with all of my family, but it's no secret that Kim and I are best friends.  The other sisters all tolerate our BFF behavior.


Last year, for Thanksgiving, Mr. Kimble was critically recovering from his heart surgery.  This Thanksgiving, he ate sweet potatoes and wild rice stuffing along with the rest of us.  I'm so thankful that he is doing so well!


For those of you who wondered what I decided to do with all of my leftover breastmilk that I had frozen in the freezer, I brought it up to give to my sister Courtney, for her baby Jordyn, who gobbled it down greedily.  She should have enough for a few months.


Delayed due to the snow storm, Grandma and Grandpa joined us after a few days.  We took some pictures with everyone who was able to come.  Even though we were missing three families, we still had a good size group.  Here are my parents, along with all the grandchildren that were there.


Here is a picture of the entire group.  Now you know why we reserve the church building for our get-togethers!



We always take a goofy picture too.


We had Trevor, Nancy's boyfriend, take our group picture.  Nancy is the baby of the family, and is currently in her first year of college.  Trevor hung out with us most of the week, and I think he liked our family, despite us being pretty crazy.  Then again, he might fit in just fine.


We took the opportunity to exchange Christmas gifts, since we were together.  We rotate through families, so we only have to get presents for one family, instead of twelve.  We also make sure to get our parents a gift.  Here is a Family Tree Quilt that Courtney made, using handprints of everyone in the family.   She did a great job, and my parents loved it.


The next day, we drove back to Colorado, to beat the next storm that was approaching.  I absolutely love being with my family. They are the best!!

5 comments:

runningfan said...

That quilt is absolutely fantastic! So glad you had a great time with your family.

purejoy said...

all i can say is… WOW. we have four kids in our family and we feel like there's alot of people. but y'all… ohmystars! looks like a blast though. and what a sweet gift for you momma and daddy. that's an heirloom!

Nicki said...

Oh, IDAHO! Looks like you guys enjoyed it greatly! Glad you made it back home safely--those roads are nothing to laugh at those some of your pictures are;) Lots of love, Nicki

The Mitchells said...

How fun! I've always been jealous of big families!

Colleen said...

What a wonderful family! I am sure it was like a little piece of heaven, even in the freezing Idaho cold. LOVE that quilt!