Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sick

I am so grateful, in that the entire duration of Kimble's first year of life, he has never been sick.  Not even a sniffle.  However, that was bound to end at some point.  Last weekend marked the change.  Kimble woke up Saturday morning (the morning after the big blanket donation) with a high fever, and it didn't go away (even with Tylenol) for three days.  He was so sad, had no energy, refused all food (but luckily still drank fluids) and just wanted to be quietly held, all day (and night).

Tuesday morning, he woke up with no fever.  He wasn't back to his normal self, but he was feeling much better.  During the next two days, he was still recovering.  He didn't really want to eat much food, but he had more energy, and he even started crawling around!  Previously, he did the belly scoot (army crawl), but suddenly he was up on his hands and knees and moving across the room!  Go Kimble!

He also developed a rash, post fever.  He's blotchy all over, but luckily he isn't itchy.

Then this morning came.  We had an appointment at the realtor's office, to finish all of our loan paperwork, and Kimble was crying the entire time.  Suddenly I became one of those moms where people walk down the hall and think "Would you make your baby be quiet already!" He was also tugging on his left ear, so as soon as we were done, I called his Pediatrician's office and got an appointment.  Yup.  He has an ear infection.

So, he is sleeping right now.  Hope he feels better soon, and that the antibiotics work fast.  It's just so sad when your baby is sick!  He wasn't even this fussy post heart surgery.  Of course, I'm sure they kept him pretty well medicated during that time.  Anyway, hopefully he'll sleep better now.  It's been almost a week of him being pretty fussy, and I'm ready for a good night's sleep!  I'm sure Kimble is too.

8 comments:

Ande said...

Poor Guy, I hope he feels better soon!!!

The Mitchells said...

Poor Kimble! I hate it when you just have to go and do something regardless of how much the baby is crying. You just feel so bad for them, you know? Glad he got an appointment and medicine quickly.

Julie said...

Poor guy! And poor you! I understand the fitful sleeping. Poor Adam is just today starting to get back to himself (of course it didn't help that I took him to the doctor on Monday and they gave him four shots).

I hope he gets better soon!

Enjoying Life One day @ a Time! said...

Poor baby hope he feels better soon :(

Reynolds Family said...

Kind of sounds like Roseola-fever for 3 days-ish followed by rash. Poor baby, glad he's doing better!

Jennifer Magreevy said...

Awww, poor Kimble! Seems like some wicked stuff has been going around lately. I can name at least 5 families who have had kids sick with stomach bugs this week, including my own. My son had it last week, I was lucky enough to have it this week. No fun! But hopefully they all get it out of their systems so they can enjoy the holidays without illness. I can dream, right??? :)

Colleen said...

Poor sweet boy! And poor you too! I am glad he will be on the mend quickly with the miracle that is modern medicine.

Jeff and Lori said...

Poor baby! Feel better soon Kimble!