Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Eve Dinner

Christmas Eve, we were invited to join our friends, The Conlins, for dinner.  They prepared a turkey, gravy, stuffing, green beans, appetizers, and chocolate mousse.  We prepared a ham, mashed potatoes, rolls, pineapple, french silk pie and peppermint bark.  Everything tasted amazing, and by the end of the night, we were rolling ourselves off the couches.

As we were preparing the food, I took this picture of Colleen, Adam, and Colleen's mom (her dad was there too!).  I'm not sure what was so funny, but I love how it captures the mood of the night.  We definitely laugh a lot whenever we get together with the Conlins.  We love them all so much!


The kids were nowhere to be seen, except when we called them up to eat.  They have so much fun playing with each other. Their five boys, and our five kids, are really close in ages.  Their oldest boy Zach, and Kamy, are going to miss each other terribly.  I have a feeling that they are destined for each other.  We'll see.  Anyway, they were all having a blast playing with each other, and for a snippet of time, Georgie and Luke came up to showcase their outfits.  Here, Georgie borrowed Luke's mask.  Later, she became batman.


Here are our cute husbands, with our cute babies (who are about two weeks apart in age...the babies, not the husbands).

Gotta have a picture with Colleen.  She's one of my besties here, and I love her to pieces.

Adam managed to squeeze enough chairs around the table for all of us to fit.  You can see everyone here except for Kimble, who is hidden in the back left corner.  I practically had to dive over him to get back to my seat in time after setting up the camera for the timer shot.  Seven seconds isn't a whole lot of time when you have to hurdle over people.  I barely made it in time!  I really should have just let someone else set up the camera, but I tend to be a control freak over pictures, so it didn't even occur to me to have someone else do it!

It was a great evening.  A perfect start to Christmas.

1 comment:

Jen said...

What fun! Great pics. I can't believe you all fit around one table. Amazing. Love the pic of Luke and Georgie, and of all the boys. Makes me miss the Conlin's but glad you got to have a great time with them.