Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas For The Boys

For Christmas, I wanted to make peg people for the boys.  I got to work painting, and realized very quickly, that I am NOT a painter.  I pretty much suck at painting.  Nevertheless, I persevered in honor of Keaton and Kolby.  I made a set of Star Wars characters.


Luke.  I am your Father.

I made a set of superheros and their accompanying villains.


Then I made a place for all of them to sleep.  Everyone has their own little pouch, and it gets rolled up nice and tight.

I also made the boys some jedi cloaks (which just for excitement, are reversible).  To go along with the cloaks, they needed new light sabers, of course.

For their room, they got some star wars posters and stick-ons.  They love them.


They like to keep everything on their side table, nice and neat, with their cloaks hanging nearby.  They even got two big books, all about Star Wars.  They've already spent many a night engrossed in the pictures and words of their beloved Star Wars World.

7 comments:

Sheri said...

Oh they are adorable Shaina!!

I don't know if you know Edie or not,but i have a prayer-hop for her on my main blog: http://www.theshadesofpink.com/2010/12/shes-like-my-favorite-blogger.html if you would like to add your prayers.

Queen of Chaos said...

You did good, mom! Very cool things, and I love that YOU made them. :)

The Girls' Mom said...

your people holder inspired me! that would make a good nail polish holder! They are very cute, im going to have to attempt that one year for Evan.

Sharon said...

Cute! I especially like your peg people, i think they look awesome!

ps- did the boys like the alarm clock?

Sara said...

You are so frickin' amazing! :)

w.aiello said...

What incredibly thoughtful gifts!! So special. Better than anything you could have purchased.

Burns Family said...

Dang, I could never do that! My boys looked at this and thought it was really cool.