Thursday, December 2, 2010

Making


This stack of 12 x 12 squares will become two blankets soon; one for each of my girls. They share a bunkbed that has a full on bottom and a twin on top.  They've never had matching blankets.  That will change come Christmas morning.

I was all done with my Christmas shopping/making about a month ago. Then I decided to make them blankets. I got material, then realized I majorly underestimated how much I'd need.  So I had to wait until Black Friday to get more.  Since then, I've had to be sneaky, working on it, with Georgie.  Fortunately, until today, it hasn't resembled a blanket at all.  Just a bunch of squares.  We'll see if she starts to figure it out.

6 comments:

runningfan said...

What terrific colors and patterns! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Julie said...

I can't wait to see the blankets! That is a very ambitious project!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Love the colors and prints..

Queen of Chaos said...

Cute fabric!

I love homemade blankets. I've made a few for my kids before. I did the same rag type blankets. Very cute. I can't wait to see the completed blankets!

Jen said...

I love the fabrics and colors. You definitely need to do a tutorial for this. I might need to make them for my boys beds.

Colleen said...

I'm excited to see it when it's finished! You seriously impress me with this project and the impending move going hand in hand!