Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Power Of Prayer

We were discharged today!  We've been home about an hour, and Kimble is snuggled up in his crib taking a nap.  Let me tell you a quick story of what happened over the last two days.

On Tuesday, the doctor assigned to Kimble told us that we would be in the hospital through the weekend.  She said there was no way this would resolve sooner than that, and to just expect to be here.  I told her a bit about what we had in store this week (closing on our house, packing, and moving) and she suggested either changing our plans, or having people come help us because no matter what, we would be in the hospital.  She wasn't scheduled to come in on Wednesday, but said she'd see us Thursday again.  She even chuckled when I suggested that perhaps on Thursday, he would be well enough to come home.  Needless to say, she disagreed.

Tuesday night, The Husband (and a friend) gave Kimble a blessing through the power of the priesthood.  He was blessed that his body would heal itself and that we could continue with all of our plans related to moving, and all would be well.  I had faith that Kimble would be healed, and that come Thursday, when we saw the doctor again, that she would see nothing that would require Kimble to stay in the hospital.

Wednesday morning, I came in to Kimble's room (The Husband had stayed with him through the night) and saw that Kimble looked much better!  This is what he looked like.

The swelling was down, and even though there was still firmness near his jaw area, it was much reduced.  I kept a prayer in my heart that throughout the next day, it would continue to go down.  I know many of you were praying for him as well.  We spent lots of time just talking with each other, and snuggling.


And Kimble wasn't bothered at all by his IV antibiotics.


Thursday morning, when the doctor came back in, she was in shock that Kimble looked perfectly normal.  She said she couldn't believe it, and would never had anticipated that she was about to say this, but Kimble could go home!

Later, after she had made her dictation, she came back in our room and said "I just had this feeling overcome me, as I  was dictating, that this little boy must have a lot of people praying for him.  Even this hospital visit aside, with all his heart problems, he is doing so well and is healthy and strong."  I told her that with much faith, we believed that Kimble would be healed and that we would be able to go home today, with enough time to accomplish everything else we needed to do as a family this weekend.  She replied "It's impressive what I saw happen here, and I only hope that I can be the recipient of such powerful prayers if I ever need them."

So we were discharged a few hours after that, and are happy to be home.  We have an appointment later today to sign the papers for our new house!  Tomorrow, my generous and helpful friends are coming over to help pack, and Saturday, we move over.

Thank you all for your faith and prayers and thoughts.  Once again, Kimble is a miracle baby.

12 comments:

Jed and Kera said...

woot woot for your missionary experience! That's awesome... did you slide a BOM to her? hehe. :O) Honestly though, the Priesthood is such a wonderful blessing in our lives! I'm so happy Mr. Kimble is doing so great! Good luck with all the craziness in the next few days...weeks.... :O)

The Girls' Mom said...

That is so amazing, what a blessing! Im glad that everything is working out. I will add a prayer for that dr tonight!

Carol said...

What wonderful news!!! You are all truly blessed!!

Julie said...

I am thrilled for you, but not surprised. Kimble is such a fighter and a special spirit, and the Lord really does watch over him.

I hope all goes well for you with everything else you have going on. I wish we could come down to help out!

Jen said...

YAY Kimble and YAY for your family. Good luck with the move this weekend.

Nanci said...

What a wonderful Christmas blessing! I can't wait to see the new photos of the house once you move in and be sure to give little a big hug!

Maynards said...

So happy to read this post. Few! Awesome news. What a cool experience with the nurse as well. Just think, once the packing and unpacking is done..you get to spend Christmas in your cute new home! Hooray!

runningfan said...

So glad everyone is pulling for you!

Dan and Katie said...

Awesome! Thats a really cool story! I will see you tomorrow :) I will be over after work.

purejoy said...

oh yes, Jesus is the great physician. when we ask, with true faith that He can, according to His will… what a sweet testimony to God's healing grace. so thankful you are home so you can move home. congratulations on your new homeownership. what a blessing this week has been!

Enjoying Life One day @ a Time! said...

God is so great! I'm so happy for you guys...This is awesome news. I hope your move goes well and you have a great Christmas in your new house! Hooray! Hooray! for Kimble is a miracle baby...

Colleen said...

What a gift! What a blessing! What great evidence in the power of faith and a Heavenly Father who loves us.