Monday, December 6, 2010

Procrastination: Thy Name Is Shaina

If all goes as planned, we should close on our house next Thursday, and move over that weekend.  That means I have a week and a half until then.  I really should be packing.  Instead, I've found other things to occupy my time.  Maybe I'm in denial about moving, but I just don't feel the need to pack things up.  Somebody slap some sense into me.

I've been working on making things for our new house.  Over Thanksgiving break, I went to a home fabrics store with my sister and picked out this material to make kitchen curtains.  They may not look so special in the picture, but I am delighted with how they are turning out.  They are bright and cheery and the perfect color to compliment our kitchen.  I discovered that I had enough material to not only make the bay window curtains, like I had planned, but also the two windows over the kitchen sink.  I am thrilled.


This next roll of material will become my living room curtains, which will go over the double doors leading out to the back yard.  I'm also excited about this material, even though The Husband is less than thrilled about it.  I keep telling him that he'll like it once it is up and looks like a curtain, so he is temporarily holding judgement.

This cute material in the next picture was intended for the curtains in Kimble's room.

Last week, I made rag blankets for Kamy and Georgie's bedroom.  They turned out beautiful, and can't wait for them to open this gift Christmas morning.


I haven't mentioned this yet, but over Thanksgiving we inherited two kittens.  They are so fun.  They are brother and sister, and their names are Mika (meekah) and Frisk.


Because I have been busy sewing and such, over the last few days, my house has gone from clean to....
Disastrous.   This area is my laundry area.  All of those clothes on the ground were clean.  Now, probably not so much.  That's what I get for not folding it right away.  As a disclaimer, this is the only part of the house that looks this way.  I keep my main level living pretty spotless all the time. 

So, I've got more curtains to hem and laundry to do...and if you notice, my To Do list does not involve a stitch of packing.  I really am procrastinating, and it's gonna bite me in the butt soon.

10 comments:

Colleen said...

When I have a huge to-do list, I tend to procrastinate too. I love the living room curtains! And the other ones too. I am excited to see how it all comes together. I need some curtains for my bay window in the living room, maybe your next procrastination project could be to help me make those. :) Or maybe I should be encouraging you to pack. I think I'm in a little bit of denial too.

Nicki said...

I wish I was there to help you--that was so fun at Travis when we all loaded you up to move to your different house. Boy, you are becoming a pro at this moving thing. I love the house! Those bedrooms are huge for the kids. Looks like Kolby would've preferred the wet bar, huh?:) Lots of love and hope you get everything packed or just shoved into a moving truck soon.

Jen Sue Wild said...

I would be doing the same thing..

I love your fabric choices in fact the second fabric is what my living room pillows are made from. I love it!!I think Heath will love them two once they are made.

courtney said...

Jared and I always say, "the job get's done whether you have a week to do it our a day!"

purejoy said...

oh… procrastinating and me go hand in hand. we're best, best friends!
the house will be a home before you know it. what a cool way to spend your first christmas!!

runningfan said...

Cute stuff indeed!

Maynards said...

Love the curtains! We still don't have any in the kitchen yet. I can't seem to pick a color. I always procrastinate when the project seems big...like preschool at my house tomorrow...I don't know what we will be doing. Kids are great packers, maybe have them start on their rooms, and then it will get the ball rolling for you. ;)

Carol said...

WOW!! Sewing Queen!!! I can't believe the quilts are already done & clipped- you're fast!!! Your fabrics are gorgeous - can't wait to see them in your new house!! :)

Queen of Chaos said...

The blankets, kittens, and material for curtain are all cute!

You're new house is great, too. :)

Julie said...

I love the quilts!