Monday, December 13, 2010

Unexpected

This morning  I woke up to a swollen little face smiling at me.  During the night, his lymph nodes decided to flare up with infection.  To feel it, it's rock hard and very large, extending from his chin to just behind his ear.  I took him to the Pediatrician, with a call to his Cardiologist as well.

After a few hours of details that I will update you on later, it's decided that Kimble will be admitted to the hospital to get started on IV antibiotics.  After a few days, we'll know whether he will need surgery to drain his lymph nodes.

We leave immediately, to get admitted.   What an unexpected turn of events. I thought I would spend all day packing.  Instead, I'm on my way to the hospital.  Please pray for us that Kimble won't need surgery.

16 comments:

Shavonne said...

Whoa, that's a big lymph node! Thinking of you...

Carol said...

OH!!!! Poor Kimble!! Hope they sort out quickly what all is going on with him... That'd scare the pants off me!! Sending good thoughts your way... Hang in there!!!

Nanci said...

Sending prayers and love your way. Good luck!

Colleen said...

Praying and sending love to that sweet baby boy and his mama! Is it an infection because he has some bad virus or is it caused by his heart?

The Girls' Mom said...

Were thinking of you all! keep us updated

Jen said...

Oh no poor Kimble. He is certainly in our prayers. I hope the IV antibiotics take care of it.

Renny's little things said...

our thoughts, prayers and all the love we can push your way has been pushed. Get better soon Kimble with out any surgery. Be strong little fella.. Be strong Shaina and good luck to all
Loads and loads of love from Australia
Geniene XXX

Ande said...

Poor guy, I hope that he doesn't need surgery and that he gets better soon.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Scary.. I will be praying.. Let us know when you can whats going on.. Love you guys..

Jed and Kera said...

We will be praying here in Ohio. poor little fella!

Jennifer Magreevy said...

Oh, poor baby!!! I sure hope he gets better quickly and without surgery. Sending hugs and prayers your way!!

Trinette McCrary said...

Poor baby, mama and daddy too. Sending prayers and hugs your way!

Elise said...

Thinking about you and Kimble!!! Hoping for a quick resolve to his infection.

Patti said...

Praying here, too!

Enjoying Life One day @ a Time! said...

Poor Kimble,I will be praying for him. I hope all he needs is the IV antibiotics.

purejoy said...

murphy's law
moving means something will come in and try to throw a wrench into the mix.
sorry about little kimble. he looks kinda miserable/adorable.
hugs to y'all!!