Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Year Ago

A year ago yesterday, I got some news that I had been anticipating with all my heart.  Kimble was finally well enough that we could go home from the hospital.  After five weeks of holding my baby who was attached to cords and monitors, and living a publicly clinical life, we were free!



All day yesterday, I thought about how nice it was to be home.  Even a year later, I love just being home.  I love having sweet Kimble around, and watching him learn and grow.  This celebration may have been last year, but it's been very long lasting.

4 comments:

runningfan said...

So happy for you and that sweet baby!

purejoy said...

he's just such a big boy now… i am beginning to see him not so much like a baby anymore… whaaa. ;(
he looks SO much like your husband!! it's amazing!
you have had quite the year. what a blessing to look back and see all the places where He delivered.
rejoicing in thanksgiving!

Bek Bek Bek Bekah said...

Funny I was thinking he looks a lot like you. I see it when he smiles, I love his smile!!!! I too am happy that he is home and thriving, he is a blessing to have in our family. Love you baby Kimble.

Elise said...

Congrats on the one year mark!!! I still celebrate Matt's wellness every year. Actually was just thinking about it all when we were snuggling this morning and as his 4th birthday approaches. Miracles do happen!! Enjoy your moments with Kimble!!!