Monday, January 31, 2011

Crochet Doll

I crocheted another doll.  I had this teal and brown yarn that was itching to be made into a doll.  So I made  one.  I worked on her at night, when The Husband and I were watching tv, or movies.  For that reason, she took a couple weeks to complete, and I spent many Many many hours working on her.  I'm glad she's done, and I love how she turned out.


Before you ask, I don't have a pattern for her. If you want to crochet a doll, HERE IS A LINK to a pattern.  I didn't follow this pattern, but had it as a reference.  The dress I totally made up, and love the layers of ruffles.


Yes, she has lots of hair, but I think that's what is charming about her.  I don't know what to do with her, exactly.  I mean, I didn't make her in anticipation of a gift or anything.  I just made her because I wanted to.  I'm thinking I want to try out a boy doll, and see what happens. Maybe Kimble will be the type of toddler who carries around his little boy dollie.  I'll encourage it, if he does.  How cute would that be!

6 comments:

Julia said...

She's so pretty! I love the colors, the ruffles, the hair, actually, the whole doll!

Karen and Matt said...

That is so cute! You do awesome without really following the pattern. =) That would be cute to see kimble carrying around a little boy dollie! =)

The Girls' Mom said...

She is very cute! I must say, as a side note, I really hate the word crochet. I love to do it, just hate the word. When you read it it looks vulgar and garish :)

Sharon said...

I lOVE her, I was wondering if you would post her today! She's pretty, and she makes me happy just looking at her! Imagine the joy she would bring me if she was mine :) Great job Na!

granny said...

The hair is my favorite part. She's adorable. (this is Heidi...logged is as my mom. :)

Ande said...

she is adorable!!!!! I am wanting to make a few dolls to sell to help finance my trip to vegas with the lovely ladies. :) Hopefully I save enough, i am so excited!