Friday, January 21, 2011

The Crochet Monster

A few weeks ago, my sister Sharon decided to make these knitted monsters.  She bought the pattern, and set to work.   They were so cute, but since I have no idea how to knit, I was out of luck.

Well, not so much out of luck.  Sharon told me to crochet it instead.   After a few tips on how I could do the legs, she got to working on her knitted monster, and I got to work on my crochet monster.

You can see her finished monster HERE.  Very cute.  Love the brown and pink.

I finished my monster too.  I think for making up everything as I went along, I did pretty good.


 Not really sure what I'm going to do with the duo, but for right now, they are keeping watch over Kimble, as he sleeps.  Nothing like having your own personal monster to protect you at night.
..or during an afternoon nap.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

I think they turned out cute! I love the little baby monster, and i love the colors

Maynards said...

Holy Cow! This may have just convinced me to learn how to crochet. (or have my mom, who can crochet, look at your blog and make one of these..hehehe) Seriously! We call William our little monster, and this would go perfectly in his room. You are amazing!

purejoy said...

love the colors. and the whole project. seriously impressed that you rocked that without a pattern. and with five little kidlets running around.

Colleen said...

Your monsters are always so FANTASTIC! Love them, creative girl!

Karen and Matt said...

Very cute! You did a great job!it makes me want to learn how to crochet. =)

Coleman said...

Any tips how I could crochet these. I bought the book that had the patterns to knit but I am not a knitter. I can crochet though.