Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Kimble is Energetic!

On Sunday, as I was sitting in the back of the room during Sunday School, so I could  let Kimble move around and get his wiggles out, I was so impressed by his energy levels.  We were cautioned, when we first found out about his heart defects, that his energy capabilities would be undetermined for a while.  It was another one of those "watch and see" diagnosis statements.

Since we are new in our area and church group (ward), most people don't know about Kimble's condition.  He is just another high-energy baby (going on toddler) learning to balance and walk along furniture and boy can he crawl fast!  He's just as cute as can be, too, with his smiles and giggles.  He is just so much fun.


He's getting so much better on the stairs (after a few heart-wrenching falls) and now goes up and down them with more speed.  I give him the run of the house, and many times find him downstairs playing in the boys' room.  He likes their chunky superhero toys, light sabers, and lego people.

He is also at that stage where he likes to keep his "treasures" with him.  Often times, I find him crawling around, while holding onto his prized possessions.  Sometimes it's a toy, but more  times than not, it's something that he shouldn't have, like the toilet scrubber, or kitty litter scoop, or a pair of scissors.  When I go after him to get the items out of his hand, he double-times his crawling speed, and giggles as he tries to get away from me.  So cute!!

He's also at that stage where he wants to drop everything off of his high chair.  There is a constant supply of crumbs and food on the floor.  Drives me nuts.  For that reason, I still spoon-feed Kimble, or give him things one at a time for him to pick up and eat.  Otherwise, he enjoys his "food-throwing" game a little too much.

Kimble is also making progress towards walking.  Sometimes, when I'm sitting with him, he will stand next to me, and practice taking his hands off my legs, trying to balance himself without holding on.  He finds it to be such an accomplishment, that he starts clapping, and then loses his balance.  However, he is getting better and better.  I think in the next six weeks he'll be walking. We'll see.

5 comments:

COKE FAMILY said...

You all have been through leaps and bounds in the last year. So glad Kimble is doing so great.

kendra said...

He is a darling little boy... I am so happy at how far he's come. He is amazing... and so are the rest of you, with your great additudes and determination.

Karen and Matt said...

Aww go Kimble!!! It is amazing at how far he has come. What a cutie!

Enjoying Life One day @ a Time! said...

He's an amazing baby...I'm so happy to hear he is doing well. Keep up the good work and hope you have a great week...

Team Sax said...

This is hilarious- mostly because Karl is the same way with his "treasures".