Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Nothin' Much

I've gone three days without blogging.  That might just be a record for me.  I've sat down multiple times, to blog, but I really don't have anything going on, to blog about.  I can't even think of anything creative to share, or a childhood story to amuse you with.

So, I did a few other  things instead.  I finally broke open a book.  Feels like forever since I've read, or had the time to read.  My friends wonder why I don't go to the book club.  I'd like to, but I kinda feel like I should read the books first.  Anyway, my friend Colleen lent me Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.  I'm only about six pages into it, but it already makes me laugh.  Such a weird idea for a story.

Kimble is learning all sorts of neat tricks, here at the new house.  He has learned how to go down the stairs, on his belly, and he has learned how to fall down them a few times as well.  He is getting better and better, although he makes me so nervous when he's "playing" on the stairs.

He is also walking along furniture with much more ease than he did before.  He is getting better, with his balance.  Tonight, he let go, for an instant, and stayed standing up.  We may have a walker next month!

All this work, must be exhausting.  He fell asleep, twice, in his high chair after his morning snack.


 I have a goal of keeping my room clean this year.  It may sound silly, but my bedroom is always the last on my long list of to-do items.  I'm determined to make my room my happy hide-out.  This means, it has to be clean.  I'm doing well so far.  I've been making my bed, and even had a place to sit and crochet.  Georgie joined me.
Yes, that is MY leg lamp that you see on my side table.  It's a Major Award!

I've also been working on making my blog books.  I've finally got 2009 done (after ignoring it for a year), and am now tweaking 2010, so I can print them out.  It takes a while, but well worth having a hard copy of my blog!  For those interested, I use Blurb, and it's great.

So that's what I've been doing, besides unpacking and organizing my new house.  I have no more boxes left to unpack...although my garage still needs organizing so we can park in there!

8 comments:

Colleen said...

I love a relaxing/productive week. And I love when babies fall asleep in their highchairs. And I love your Major Award! Glad you're getting a chuckle out of the book, definitely a weird idea, but so funny and zombies...TOTALLY GROSS!

Bek Bek Bek Bekah said...

Thanks for the update. I have been wondering what you have been up too. I think your goal is a good one to have, I know what you mean about it being the last on your list of things to do, such is the state of my room. Whatcha crocheting?

Andi said...

Hey, I've been following you for a long time now and I also have a leg lamp/a major award. You said that you are making a book of your blog, totally stealing this idea, but I have a question, are you or can you include the sidebar in the layout, I (like you) have family pic on my sidebar, do you include those or just put those some place else in the book? Love reading you and I'm so glad that Kimble is doing so well, I have a little boy too that is only a few months younger than him (new years day baby). keep up the good work, love the house too.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Love Kimble pix.. Love that book I am reading MR. Darcy Vampyre right now. I love dorkey make you laugh easy reads.. I love clean red rooms Good job keeping it up.

Maynards said...

You deserve a quiet week after all you have been doing. Enjoy.

Julie said...

Wow- great goal! My room is always the last on my list as well, and it shows. I often think if my room was more clean, my boys might be more motivated to clean theirs.

And, question- I'm currently working on a blog book through Blurb. I've never done anything like it before, so do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sara said...

I LOVE the lamp!!! Hilarious, and best part of the Christmas Story movie!!! :) Made my night! I totally want one!

Kim said...

My bedroom is the same way. It's the only room in the house I have never touched since we moved here in 2003. It's my goal to do something with it this year so it will be a nice retreat. I love your leg lamp. Hubby got one from the kids for Xmas and it sits on his dresser in our room.