Thursday, March 3, 2011

Four-ish Years Ago

Oh, look at my cute kids!  I re-discovered this picture, taken about 4 years ago, when we were living in California, and in the military.  Little Georgie reminds me of how Kimble is now.  So cute!

I know it's early, yet, to be thinking of Christmas, but I've got an idea brewing for the kids' gifts.  I want to use Blurb to make books for each of the kids, filled with pictures of themselves.  I know what some of you are saying:  "Isn't that a scrapbook?"  Well, I'm not going to scrap it.  It's just going to be filled with pictures, printed in book format, and it's going to be their very own book.  I know they will love it.

So, I'm going to be going through old pictures, and scanning them, and formatting them, to be presented at Christmas, and digging through my archive of cd's to find all the great pictures that they may (or may not) have seen.  It's gonna be great!

5 comments:

purejoy said...

the thought of doing that for my own kids makes my brain hurt. and i only have 2!!!
i think this is a stunningly BRILLIANT idea.
i only have about six jam packed photo bins to wade through.
i noticed them the other day as i was doing laundry. i sighed, thinking when i was ever going to have time to tackle such a beast.
a migraine set in. i got the vapors.
i went upstairs and had a cold diet coke and massaged my temples and promptly erased that idea for awhile.
you are my hero!

Jen Sue Wild said...

I think This is a super idea, I have been doing something simlar for the last 2 months, I have Kadies wedding book done and I made a book Of Williams for each of my kids and I am in the middle of putting a book together for the grandparents, My friends kids did this for her last year and it was a gift she tresuers. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Maynards said...

That picture is so cute! Great idea about the blurb books, your kids will love them.

I'm Always Rite said...

Fantastic idea about the personal photo books... I may have to be a total copy cat! ;]

Sara said...

That's a great idea - I'm thinking of the same thing myself :) Gonna have to copy you!