Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Knotted Headband

I made this headband yesterday, in less than an hour.  It's so easy.  If you know how to do a chain stitch in crochet, you can make this headband.  Here is the tutorial for it.

Just a tip, when you get to the part to hot glue the strands together, only do it at the ends of the strands, not the entire way down the headband.  Otherwise, the glue will be a sticky and gooey mess and will ruin the look of your headband.  I misunderstood at first, and tried to glue each strand together, from the knot, to the end.  Didn't look so pretty.  I did much better the second time around.

So, give it a try!  I'll bet your daughters could even make their own, it's so easy!

8 comments:

purejoy said...

that is really cute! love the color! you've inspired me to get hookin! :o)

Sharon said...

so cute!! I love how it turned out!! Do it in TEAL.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Cute wish I could crochet. I want to make those cute headband ear warmers.

The Girls' Mom said...

Riley is crocheting right now, I'm gonna show her this and have her give it a try.

Ryan said...

Super cute headband--but seriously, how can it really be that easy. I beg to differ:) Also, way to go Mr. Kimble!

Trinette McCrary said...

Ha, We must have saw this on the same blog. I made one last week, so cute and easy:}

Robin said...

Love the project! but on a total sidenote, I love this photo of you- the perspective is really cool! Would you mind if I use it for a new paper painting piece I'm working on? Please, please, please??? :)

Colleen said...

Looks cute!