Saturday, April 30, 2011

Kamy's Journal

You may remember the challenge I gave Kamy, to write in her journal every day during the month of April.  She has been happily and energetically writing away, and loving it.  She even brought her journal on our weekend trip to Idaho, and wrote all about the wedding and playing with her cousins.

Sadly, she has missed a few days.  Because I'm not as mean as I seem, I have given her some extensions.  For every day missed, she has to make up a week.  So she won't be done by the end of April, but will finish her goal sometime in May.  I'm hoping that all this extra time will really imprint on her, and it will become routine.

Kamy has allowed me to share one entry that she wrote about a week ago.  Sometimes she just writes on her own, and sometimes she asks me for a topic.  On this day, I told her to write a little info on each of her family members.  This is what she wrote:

Kennedy is a little annoying sometimes, otherwise she is pretty fun to play with.  She likes dollhouse and coloring books.  I love her so much.

Keaton likes sleeping and playing with Kimble.  Sometimes he even likes to sleep with the light on all night.  It's so weird.

Kolby likes electronics and legos (also, one thing he hates is homework).  Right now he is throwing a fit and crying because he has to do spelling.  He likes legos a lot.  He is very good at making lego ships.  Also, Kolby's pretty good at video games. He can beat levels as quick as a wink.

Mom is a sewing person. She loves sewing and she's really good at it.  One time she made a little toy giraffe for Kimble's birthday; it was so cute.  She likes to read too.  When I lived in South Carolina, I was reading The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe and when I stopped reading for a while, she read the whole thing in a night, and it took me days to read the whole thing.  Oh, mom likes to cook. She makes a lot of delectable dinners that I always eat (except chicken pot pie :( )  Also, mom likes to blog on her blog.  She spends a lot of time on the computer.  Her blog is really cool.  It has such a lot of pictures and recipes. I love her blog.

Dad likes to run, go biking, eat spaghetti, and cook with spices.  Finally, he likes making sauces.  One time, dad made this sauce for tater-tots.  It was soooo good. And his spaghetti is fantastic.  Dad buys spices all the time, especially spicy spices!  Also, he likes herbs.  That's how he got the idea to plant herbs in our house.  That's why we have herbs. Dad runs and bikes cause he wants to stay fit, or just for fun. He loves bikes and bought one for my eleventh birthday.

Kimble is an awesome baby!  He can almost say words!  He can give you a high-five and say "more, uh-oh, momma, dadda, yeah" and he can clap.  He is in the stage of getting into things.  Oh, he can also walk!  Plus, he can walk backwards!  Love you Kimble!

I love to read, play outside with my friends, play electronics, swim, go to Brittany's house, and spend time with my cousins.  I like to read because I can imagine what's happening while I read.  I like to play outside because me and my friends play fun games. I like to play electronics because I like beating the levels and earning more characters. I like to swim because I like being in water.  I like playing at Brittany's house because she is one of my best friends. I like to spend time with my cousins because they are hilarious.

No comments: