Friday, April 1, 2011

Nap Time

Mr. Kimble fell asleep on the way to costco today.  He was so tired, that he stayed asleep on my shoulder, as we made our way into the store.  Once inside, after a few minutes, I realized he wasn't going to wake up unless provoked.  So I laid him down in the front seat, and rested his head on Georgie's legs.  With a burp cloth providing a bit of cushion between him and the cart bars, he was perfectly content.

Kimble slept his way through costco, as I loaded up on fruits and veggies and chicken and eggs (I got the chicken first...then came the eggs) and Georgie was entertained by watching Toy Story on my itouch.

Everyone who saw us commented on how peacefully sleeping Kimble was, and what a nice sister Georgie was, to let him lie across her lap.  The cashier asked how far apart they were, and when I told her five years, she replied "That's perfect.  You don't want them any closer.  Believe me.  Oh, and two is plenty!  My sister has three, and she's a wreck!"  I just chuckled.  Not only do I have kids much closer in age, I actually have (gasp) FIVE kids!  What's the world coming to.

Oh, and if you look closely, Mr. Kimble has socks on his hands, but not on his feet.  I'll explain later.

7 comments:

runningfan said...

Don't people at the store have such ridiculously interesting remarks?

Carol said...

This is a seriously sweet picture!! I wish I could sleep like that! Is he playing sock puppet? My toddler (will be 3 in May) has been taking off her shoes & socks in the car to play puppet with her socks... Funny kids! :)

Diana said...

I had a lady in the post office tell me she was smart enough to stop at 2 when she saw me with 2 of my boys and pregnant--and even after I told her we had one in school. Strangers say the darndest things. I can't believe he slept the whole time!

Sandy said...

Absolutely darling!

Colleen said...

Everyone has an opinion! Kimble is a tough little sleeper!

Maynards said...

Such a cute picture. He looks pretty comfortable actually. Can't wait to learn why the socks are on the hands. ;)

Julie said...

Adam has had the weirdest sleeping schedule lately. He gets really tired around 11:00, but I know I have to leave by 11:45 to pick up Derek from school. I try to keep him awake, but every day this week he has fallen asleep in the car (despite Evan's best efforts to push his eyelids open). He sleeps for the 15-20 minute round trip ride (depending on whether Derek's class comes out late) then wakes up when we get out of the car and won't sleep again. If only he would sleep so peacefully in odd places like Kimble! I must figure out a good solution!