Monday, April 18, 2011

Wedding Clothes

My sister's wedding colors were bright yellow, blue, and green.  I wanted my kids to be matching, so I found some great material at JoAnn Fabric that would work for both the girls' skirts, and the boy's bowties and suspenders that I wanted to make.  I think they turned out pretty snazzy, if I do say so myself.


 I made up Kamy's skirt pattern, but I followed This Tutorial for Georgie's skirt, adding a fringe of tulle to the bottom.  The ruffled headbands were made from This Tutorial.  The boy's suspenders were started by following This Tutorial, but I changed it up quite a bit to make them wider, as well as making a T in back instead of a criss-cross, and I followed This Tutorial for the boy's bowties.  Kimble's faux suspenders were appliqued onto his white shirt because I didn't think he would tolerate the real thing.


I think they looked so fantastic.  I was very proud of how they looked.  Other people noticed us too.  We were called "The Von Trap" Family more than once, and people walking by us around the Temple grounds constantly stopped to watch us pass, and commented on how great we all looked.

7 comments:

Shavonne said...

I agree, you all did look pretty Snazzy! I thought you did a fantastic job making everything. You are so good with sewing!

Julia said...

What a beautiful family you have!!!

Sandy said...

What a cute idea...your family looks great!

Colleen said...

What a great looking set of snazzy clothes on a beautiful family! Nice work!

Jeff and Lori said...

Nicely done, once again Shaina! Those pictures do make we want to snuggle up on the couch and watch Sound of Music, but your version is much cuter :)

Nicki said...

I love that little "Von Trapp" family--you just need to add a few more to the group:). You look great too!

kadie dahl said...

LOVE IT! Your boys look so sharp and the girls are just darling! You did an awesome job!

P.S. thanks for the comment : )