Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Nearing The End

The time that I have at home, with just two kids, is nearing the end.  In less than two weeks, the kids will be out of school for the summer.  After that, when school starts up again, Georgie Kennedy will be going to all day Kindergarten.  It will just be me and my little man Mr. Kimble at home.

I know Kennedy will have an amazing time at school. She is so eager to learn.  She spends hours writing her name and drawing pictures.  She loves to look at books and pretend to read on her own.  We spend a lot of time practicing letter writing and recognition.  Today, she brought me a paper where she said "G is for Goat!" and she had painstakingly drawn a goat, and filled the page with the letter G.  She is excited for school, and I am excited for her.  Oh, but I'm going to miss my little Georgie at home.  I think Kimble will miss her too.


It wasn't that long ago that she was my little chubby-cheeked baby who proclaimed herself to be lefthanded at age one, when she determinedly sought out all coloring instruments and spent hours scribbling across paper. (Just as a side note, all my kids are left-handed except Kolby.  Kimble is to be determined.)   Here are some old pictures that I just recovered from my old-school cell phone.  She has always been a little pixie.




Now little Georgie is a composed 5 1/2 year old girl who speaks her mind but is very demure.  She loves pretty girly things and likes to be my helper.  She enjoys playing on the computer, watching cartoons, and spending time outside.  She wants us to remove her training wheels on her bike, but isn't ready to go solo yet.  She prefers to wear mismatching shoes because she likes them both and can't decide which ones to wear.  She comes out of bed at least six times a night, to give us hugs and kisses, and then she'll hold out her cheek for us to kiss her as well.


At any rate, I have just seven more school days of having her and Kimble to myself, and I'm enjoying it.

2 comments:

Dan and Katie said...

Thanks so interesting that you have so many leftys!

Colleen said...

What a sweetie! She is going to LOVE Kindergarten. But I know she will be sorely missed by her mama at home!