Monday, May 16, 2011

Stranded Escapee

Last week brought some new dilemmas for Mr. Kimble.  I heard him crying after he woke up from his nap.  Crying isn't unusual, but this cry was different.  So I hurried in there to find Kimble stranded atop his toy shelf.  He had climbed out of his crib, then found himself stuck, and he sure didn't like it that after I made sure he was safe, I ran back to get my camera before I rescued him.


Kimble is getting very adventurous lately.  I'm worried for his safety, because he is so fearless.  Climbing out of his crib was only one of the many things he likes to do now.  Another endeavor is trying to step down the stairs like everyone else does.  This stair envy will cause broken bones, I'm sure of it.

At any rate, we have to keep a close eye on this one now.  There's plenty of mischief behind those teary eyes!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

No wonder he was all over the table on Saturday... he learned a new trick!

runningfan said...

How funny that Lexi and Kimble learned the same trick in the same week!

Carol said...

Shaina - look at these... http://www.totsinmind.com/

The crib tent was helpful to me sometime back when my daughter Isabelle was Kimball's age. She's a twin and her sister Evelyn, only ever tried to climb out once - got stuck on the rail and never tried again... Isabelle did regularly... until I got one of these. It looks like baby jail, but peace of mind and knowing she was safe was more important to me... When we switched the girls to toddler beds it wasn't a problem anymore and we were ready for the idea they'd be out of bed running around...
Good luck!! (I'd have run to get my camera, too!)