Saturday, June 11, 2011

Avocado Ranch Dip

I made this Avocado Ranch Dip a few weeks ago, and was surprised at how tasty it was.  I thought that I'd have to adjust the recipe (like adding Ranch powder) or something, to get it to taste like the "ranch" part of the recipe, but I didn't have to tweak it at all!  The flavors that the herbs bring to the dish are absolutely perfect.  I hope you give it a try.  It's so easy to make, and it will last in the fridge (covered, in a jar) for a week!

 
Avocado Ranch Dip
2 avocados
1 cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
1 teaspoon fresh dill
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

chips and vegetables for dipping

Directions:

Mash up avocados.  Chop up your fresh herbs.  (Fresh herbs add such an impacting flavor.  If you don't have fresh, you can use dried herbs, and only use 1/2 tsp of each dried herb, to adjust for the difference.)

Add yogurt, herbs, and spices.   Have your helper stir to combine.


My kids loved this dip.  So did The Husband.  I made the homemade potato chips, that are linked along with this recipe.  It was a great afternoon snack for the kids. 




 
As for me, I ate it with my turkey burger, and it was fantastic.  Such a great dip, and healthy for you too!  Avocados are a great "good fat" to eat, and since it's saturated with greek yogurt, it's a powerful protein.  Hope you try it.  If you like avocados, you'll love this twist on an old favorite.

1 comment:

linda said...

We are heading to the mountains this weekend, and I just added this to our menu plan.. Thanks for the great recipe, I can't wait to try it.