Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Detailing The Van

As The Husband and I were discussing the fact that we've been married 12 years now, we realized that we've had our minivan more than half of that time!  In all of that time, we've only done the most minimal cleaning job here and there.  Vacuum a bit.  Wipe down stuff.  Clean it out.   Well, it was time for some serious nitty-gritty clean-up time!

As we were basking in love, the morning of our anniversary, we cleaned out the van together.  We took out the seats.  We cleaned out the pockets.  We went through the glove box.  Everything got removed.  Then we went to the gas station to load up on quarters for the big vacuum.  Heath did most of the vacuuming, as I watched and commented on his amazing physique.

We also paid for a car wash, and enjoyed the sounds and colors and smells associated with an automatic car wash.  Afterwards, we went home, parked the car in the driveway, and set to work doing more detail work.

The husband removed the anchors for the chairs, and cleaned out all the crumbs and crap that was underneath it.  He soaked the parts so they would get clean, and then attached them again.  He also used our steam cleaner, to get in all the nooks and crevasses.


Meanwhile, I got out our carpet cleaner, put on the furniture attachment, and then I cleaned the seats, sidewalls, and carpet throughout the entire van.  The Husband also polished and cleaned every knob and groove in the van, and we got out the Magic Eraser for crayon markings and the like.  After everything was done, we put the seats back in and admired our work.


Wow.  Detailing a car is a lot of work!  But it's incredible the satisfaction we have now, for our clean van.  It's almost too clean to allow the kids inside it now.

5 comments:

Shavonne said...

I dont' know what it is, but I can't comment on your other blog! It is so frustrating because I want to be supportive, but it won't take it. Anyway, here is for your other blog:
Well, that was a let down! BUT, I have heard that taking vitamin D really does help with the energy level. One of my co-workers really recommends it. Sorry it didnt' answer the weight loss question :( If it's any consolation, I've always liked the way you've looked- nice and curvy (and I dont' mean fat!)

Shavonne said...

You did an awesome job on the van! I was very impressed with all the work you two did. It's always more fun to do that kind of stuff together.

The Liljenquist Family said...

I can't believe you let your kids in it!!!

Shannon said...

Now that is a great anniversary present--true love at work!

Kristin said...

I was just checking out your blog as I saw you're a fellow Coloradoan over on Make It and Love It's blog comments today. :) Anyway, I had to comment on this one as my husband and I just celebrated our anniversary and did some deep cleaning together that morning as well! Like taking out some of the vents in the floor to vacuum out and wash the insides.