Monday, June 6, 2011

Potato Salad


I think this potato salad turned out pretty awesome.  We brought it to a BBQ on Sunday night, and other's loved it as well.  So, I thought I'd share the recipe with you.

Potato Salad

3 pounds of red potatoes, boiled and diced
6 hard boiled eggs
1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
3 stalks celery
3 stalks of green onions

Sauce
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp yellow mustard
3 Tbsp dill relish
1 T pickle juice
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
(I also added some dill and chives from my herb garden)

Remove bad spots off of red potatoes, dice, and boil until soft in salted water.  Boil eggs, peel and chop up.  Chop up celery and green onions.  Cook bacon and drain grease.

In a bowl large enough for your potato salad, combine all of the sauce ingredients.  Taste, and adjust to your liking.  Add in potatoes, bacon, green onions, eggs, and celery.  Stir to combine.  Let chill in fridge before serving (unless you like it warm).

If you don't like bacon, or celery, or green onions....they are totally optional ingredients.  Don't let that stop you from trying this. It's a great recipe!  Enjoy your summer BBQs!


1 comment:

The Liljenquist Family said...

Yay!!! I'm storing this one for the future! I loved it!