Monday, July 18, 2011

July 4th!



I have so much blogging to catch up on!  Now I understand what my friends say, when they tell me why they don't blog anymore.  "I just have so much updating to do, that I get overwhelmed and don't know where to start, and so I just don't do it!"  I always tell them to just start from "now", and then when they get time, to go back and a little at a time, fill in the gaps. 

Well, I purposefully didn't blog these last two weeks, because we were so busy doing other things.  Now that we are home (after a long 12 hours in the car yesterday and 10 hours the day before!) I can begin blogging, but just going through all the pictures is taking time!  There is a lot of info that I want to record, to properly document our trip.  Bear with me.  There are going to be lots of posts, and lost of pictures in the next few days.  Ready?  Here we go!!

4th of July was great.  It was a nice mellow day that wasn't too hot, and didn't have a whole lot on the agenda.  We slept in; ran a few errands; got some snacks at the grocery store; bought fireworks for later; took The Husband to Bajio for lunch, got the kids ready for the pool; then went swimming!!

Here's a picture of my sister Kim's kids (minus the oldest) and my kids, ready to jump in the water.


Here is our family!  We all went swimming, but Kimble didn't last long in the water.

He much preferred to run around and climb things.  He didn't even want to sit by the water's edge.  In fact, he was so annoyed with the water, that I ended up taking him home early, and let the other kids enjoy the time in the pool a bit longer.  Oh, and I found his swimsuit when I went on my birthday scavenger hunt last month.  I immediately fell in love with it.  However, by the time he wore it, it was a bit too snug for him (as you can see in the first picture).  Somehow, the smallness adds to the charm.  I still loved seeing him walk around in it.  So cute!!


The boys are both born to be in water.  They had a blast!


Georgie liked floating  around too, and when she got too cold, she'd lie out on the hot sidewalk to get warmed up.


After the pool, we visited with Heath's cousins, who live in the same town as my sister.  I spaced bringing my camera (darn it!) but we all had a great time talking and laughing and eating (yummy bbq!) and Georgie got her nails painted and the boys played wii and X-box and Kamy got some drawing tips from our cousins.  All around, a great evening.  Thanks Voss Family!

After it got dark, Uncle Jason brought out the fireworks, and all the kids took turns helping to light them.  Here is Kolby, admiring his fireworks.  We also got to see some other people's fireworks, as we watched from the front porch. With a little rainy sprinkle now and again, it was a beautiful evening to enjoy.

 

1 comment:

Jen Sue Wild said...

Looks like you had a fun 4th!