Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Krinkle Kut

In desperation to earn some money, I'm finally starting to sell my handmade items.  Last night, I set up a table at our local Farmer's Market, which happens once a week in our little town square.  Excluding the ten dollar entry fee, I made 42  bucks.  Not terribly bad for a first time, especially since the market got rained out.  I'm hoping more people will do what they said, when they told me last night "Are you going to be here next week?  I'll come back and buy this..."

A few months ago, I set up an Etsy account, and called my store Krinkle Kut.  I don't have anything in it yet, but I will.  I'm hesitant to post things online, and then sell them locally.  So I'll have to figure out how that will work.  At any rate, right now, I only have four types of things that I'm selling, in varying colors and fabrics.  Here are some examples.

Chenille Burp Cloths



Corduroy Bibs



Krinkle Tag Toys


Rolled Flower Headbands


I plan on adding to the mix.  I've got more things to sell, I just don't have a surplus of those items made yet.  When I get things listed on Etsy, I'll let you know, and I'll have it linked on my sidebar.  If you are in the market for any of these items sooner rather than later, contact me!

8 comments:

Nanci said...

All very cute and I think you'll do well at the farmers market and not have as much overhead as Etsy. It seems like that way you'd see week to week what people are interested in. Good Luck

Lydia Davis said...

I love our bib (fits nicely, covers baby well and it's gorgeous!) The boy LOVES his Krinkle Tag blanket. It is by far his favorite toy and has been since he began playing with toys. (he is 4 months old) Good luck in you sales!

Colleen said...

Wonderful Shaina! It's about time you shared your talent with the rest of the world!

Shannon said...

I think using both the local market and Etsy will be fine. There are many people who don't do the internet but who like to browse in person, and vice versa. Good luck to you! You are so talented.

Maggie said...

I want the headbands!!!

dippyrooroo said...

I think it's so cool that you have found a place to sell your stuff locally! I'm better your booth is a huge success!

Consuela Faith said...

Hi! I'm a new mom, and I just received one of your Krinkle Tag Toys. I was wondering what it is, and how to use it?

shaina said...

Consuela, a Krinkle tag toy is a toy that babies can play with starting at about 3-4 months old, when they begin grabbing things and bringing them to their mouth. It's a sensory toy. The babies like the sound it makes, the ribbons, the colors, and the textures. They will chew on it and eat it and finger the ribbons and feel the fabric. You can wash it on gentle cycle, but do not dry it. Air dry only.