Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hand Drawn

My sister Sharon can draw stick figures so great.  I'm always  impressed by how cute they are, and how trendy their clothes are!  She recently made herself a new blog header, and I loved it so much that I pretty-pretty-pleased her to make me one.  Yay!  She did!


If interested in your own stick figure design, I'll bet she'd work out a deal with you, for a nominal fee.

To add to the fact that she's so wonderful, she also knitted me these fantastic slippers!


About a year ago, she made mention of these slippers.  Then she made some for a few members of our family.  I wanted a pair so badly, most especially because I live in a world where my feet are constantly freezing.  I have terrible circulation, I guess, because even in the summer, my feet have a chill to them.

So, she said she'd think about it, and months went by.  I desperately wanted slippers, so with the thought that she was too busy to make me some, I asked my other sister Shavonne, who also knits, if she could make me some.  She said she would try.  Then, the two found out about my double-asking, and then neither one wanted to make me a pair!

I guess all was forgiving in light of how I simply couldn't think straight, what with my frozen toes, and last week, I got my slippers.  Aaaahhhh.  They are the perfect slipper. So exactly conformed to my feet and cushiony soft.  Not to mention how totally cute they are, and I love the pink buttons.

Sharon said it takes an awfully long time to make these slippers, so for that reason, she doesn't sell them. She does, however, make lots of cute baby stuff.  She is doing a month-long tribute to sewing, right now, on her blog, so go on over and stick around.  You'll learn some great things.

Thanks Sharon!!!  I love them both!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Cute and cute!

Sharon said...

Cute, I'm glad you like the header, I especially like the way I wrote the title, and your stick figure is having a great hair day!

Bek Bek Bek Bekah said...

Oh I am so jealous of both gifts. But every year on my birthday Sharon makes me a birthday stick figure page. I love it! I look forward to it every year. And I do not know if Sharon remembers this, but I will put the word in there just in case, but I asked her when/if I get married again if she would make me some white slippers for the Temple. She agreed happily. :) Anyways, glad your feet are joyfully warmed, and that they will now be able to handle the fall and winter seasons ahead.

amy said...

OOOHHHHHh I so very much want my little family in stick figures! Please! let me know what I need to do to get it done. I super Love them!