Monday, September 12, 2011

Kolby's Baptism

Kolby was baptized yesterday.  Don't let the pictures fool you.  He was so thrilled that his turn had finally come!!  I was so proud of Kolby.


He really is such a sweet boy, this Kolby of mine. He wants to please others and do things for people and he has done quite a bit of growing up lately.  Sometimes I just look at Kolby and think "When did he suddenly change?"

Kolby was baptized by his Dad, who also gave the talk on baptism.  Later in the program, Kolby and Dad sang a song together, "I love to see the Temple" and it was so sweet to watch.  I'm happy that my kids have such a strong example of fatherhood in their life, just as I did/do. 


After the baptism, we dished out rootbeer floats,which is a tradition in my family, stemming from my childhood, to have rootbeer floats following a baptism.

I'm glad for all of the friends who came down to share this experience with us, and for the friends who sent well wishes, and for all of our family who would have been here if it was possible.  It was a great day, and I'm so glad that Kolby could be such a great example of choosing the right.

3 comments:

Jen Sue Wild said...

I am so glad we got to be there.

Adri said...

Looks like a marvelous day! So sorry we couldn't be there. Please pass along our congratulations to Mr. Kolby!

Colleen said...

Congratulations to fantastic Kolby on his special day!