Monday, September 19, 2011

Mr. Kimble's Latest Accomplishments

My Mr. Kimble is growing so big and learning new things.  Here's a quick list of his latest accomplishments.

1.  Kimble isn't such a little baby anymore. He is getting  bigger (seemingly) every day.  I keep trimming his hair regularly, but you wouldn't know it. With half of his hair curly and the other half straight, it's hard to keep him looking nicely kept, but we are trying.  He has also matured so quickly that he is sporting a mustache now!


2.  Kimble must be looking at the developmental papers that I have to fill out for his regular checkups.  "Can your child make a stack of three blocks?"  Check.  Yes he can, although he prefers to stack cans from my  pantry.


3.  Kimble's list of words is growing.  He can say please (peeese), thank you (day-du), mamma, daddy, da-da, vroom, rharrr, tv (de-dah), choo choo, yum,whoa, wow, hi, uh-oh, cracker, bubble, up, I, you, yeah, and car.  He says thirsty, more, milk, and all done in sign language.  Oh, and he says "Cheese", as demonstrated in the picture.


4.  Kimble feeds himself when he's hungry.  His preferred snacks are graham crackers, apples, pretzels and dry cereal.


5.  Kimble likes to play with toys while bathing.  He loves the water babies that Kennedy left in the bath one night. 


6. Kimble puts himself to sleep.  Whether after his lunch, or  in his crib, he goes right to sleep. He loves his binkie, and  has started climbing INTO his crib so he can have it between sleeps.  He also likes to  carry around his soft blanket.  Kolby is the only other child of mine to get attached to a blanket (which he still keeps in his bed).  I think it's sweet, and definitely encourage it because his binkies are chewed down to almost nothing and he should  have something that soothes him.


Other accomplishments:  Kimble now walks down the stairs. Sometimes he'll still slide down on his belly, but that's for fun and not out of necessity.  Kimble can follow orders now, if I ask him to get his shoe or find his sippy cup or go sit down at the table.  He'll bring me the remote control, if his show is over and he wants to watch another one.  He is really learning and understanding well and although he is still behind with his speech, I think he'll catch up pretty quickly.

8 comments:

courtney said...

Awesome! I love seeing doctors proved wrong. Keep it up Kimble, you are so cute!

Becky said...

I am loving the silly pictures in your posts lately. Kimble is so cute. William's favorite thing is to stack the cans in the pantry as well! Must be a guy thing.

Bek Bek Bek Bekah said...

I love the new look with the mustache. He is just perfect! I love the load of grahm crackers too, he is growing and progressing just fine. I love him!

Megan said...

So cute! I love him sleeping in the high chair. They grow up so fast!! It's fun to watch . . .

DougandSheilah said...

Evan didn't talk until he was 2 1/2 yrs old. Nothing not even mama or dada. It was all tongue clicking. Kimble sure does look cute with a stache :)

Colleen said...

Sweet Kimble! He sure is starting to look a lot like Keaton to me!

Ryan said...

Nice Stache!:) That is one sweet boy!

Julie said...

He is so adorable! I can't wait to see him again!