Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Spooky Feast

Per the tradition we started last year, I had fun coming up with this year's Halloween spooky feast.  For our appetizers, we had ear wax on q-tips, followed by some pumpkin vomit.  The Husband did a great last-minute job carving a sick-looking pumpkin and making the best guacamole ever.



We had dog bones to eat, along with our main dish, which was supposed to be sewage rats with intestines...


...but my rats didn't come out looking like rats, so I borrowed this picture from the website, to show you.  I made up my own recipe for the meatballs and sauce, and it was so good, that I'm going to make it again and post the recipe (using normal-size meatballs) so stay tuned for that.


For dessert, we had witches fingers (again...the kids love them) and bloody rat cupcakes (I'm not sure if I'm just not a rat maker, but these cupcakes didn't quite turn out the best either.  oh well.).



After the feast, we went around about two blocks worth of houses, to let the kids trick-or-treat.  Kimble got tired after one block length, and after pushing him in his stroller another half block, we just came home and he went to bed.  He sure liked holding out his hand for candy, though!


Hope you all had a great Halloween!

2 comments:

Shavonne said...

Ewww! Those are creepy, gross, and awesome! I think that's a fun tradition and I like your creations! Oh, and I like Kamy's mole ;)

Colleen said...

AWESOME dinner! I love it! SO grody. Sounds like a great Halloween night!