Saturday, December 17, 2011

Chicken and Corn Chowder (crock pot!)

I'm on Pinterest.  I love it.  I only discovered it a few months ago, but it has inspired me with new recipes, new crochet patterns, new crafts, and new ideas for many parts of my life.  This recipe was one that I put on my "crock pot" board.  It was quite simple to put together, and tasted great.  We ate it with chips, because it was quite thick.  Almost like a dip.  I'm sure I could have thinned it out with some chicken stock (as you can add if you like) but we liked it being scoopable.  For all of these busy holiday days, this was a great meal to put together with very minimal effort.

Creamy Chicken, Black Bean, and Corn Chowder

3 chicken breasts (frozen is fine)
1 can diced rotel tomatoes
1 can black beans
1 cup frozen corn (or you can use 1 can of canned corn)
1 packet of dry ranch dressing (about 3 Tbsp)
1 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
3 Tbsp dried onion flakes
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup water

 Put all ingredients in crock pot  (stirring the cream cheese into the rest of the mixture) and cook on low 6-8 hours. Once cooked, shred the chicken and then return it to the pot.  Serve.                  

2 comments:

linda said...

I am going to have to try this recipe.. I am planning on making your refried beans this weekend..

Colleen said...

Sounds tasty!!