Thursday, January 5, 2012

Yesssss!


This picture was taken Christmas Eve. I was sitting down on the floor and whenever I sit on the floor, Kimble takes that as an invitation for me to be his soft cushiony chair.  So he turned around and walked backwards until his calves hit my legs and then he plopped his little diaper-bum into my lap.  As often as this happens throughout the day, I still love it each time.  It's like our little ritual.

Georgie (ok, so I still call her Georgie most of the time. It's so hard to change to her real name!) saw the same opportunity to snuggle, and climbed on my lap as well.  She really is a love-bug.

So with my two babies on my lap (which isn't uncommon) The Husband had the camera, and told them he was taking a picture.  Kimble immediately says "CHEEEESE" and then gets so excited that he kicks back his head and tenses his arms with fervor (I love that word.  Reminds me of the movie 3 Men and a Little Lady.  So many great fun quotes in that movie.)

It's like he's saying "YESSSS!"  I love his little expression in this picture.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and effort to post a comment just to help me feel better.  Most of you have been readers for a long time, and for that, I thank you.  It's a really neat feeling for me to know that there are people out there who have a vested interest in me and my family.

I thank you for your support and hope that all of you who are dealing with your own struggles can understand that you have been blessed in so many ways.  So many times, when we were undergoing some of our hardest moments, we realized just how many blessings we had been given.

I have a few more recipes to post, from my December cooking quests.  Stay tuned for that.

11 comments:

steph said...

I read your blog ALOT - and try new recipes from it too. I'm trying potato alfredo tonight and am hoping it's a hit with my kiddos. We had the pork tacos with the corn and nectarine (minus nectarines because I couldn't find any)a few weeks ago. I was thinking it'd be a bust with my kids but they loved it, it's on the menu again this week! Thanks for sharing your talents and your family!

Oh and I rarely comment on someone's blog unless I know them personally...I just don't ever know what to say, that is why I haven't commented in the past. :)

Cynthia said...

Ah! So cute :)

I always look forward to new recipes and continuing to read about your adventures. Thanks for blogging!

Maggie said...

That boy is adorable! And I too enjoy reading your blog! Somebody at the hospital LOVED the car seat cover you made me! It really is awesome!

DougandSheilah said...

I love Kimble's expression. I love when my kids do that same expression. There is something in it that just makes you smile.

amanda said...

two seriously adorable little ones you have there. and, i can't wait for more recipes to try. so far our favorite is the chicken pillows all my kids love them.

Mags said...

Haha! All of my kids would back up and fall into my lap too. It's hilarious to see that my older ones are old enough that Carly isn't picky but does it to them too.

Jennifer Magreevy said...

I love Kimble's personality! Such a cute picture. And Kennedy/Georgie is certainly growing up to be a beautiful little girl!! You and your hubby sure do have cute kids. :)

Renny's little things said...

I just got home from the Blood Bank where I have just made my first ever Plasma donation. Have a guess what my thoughts were about!!! Well can you guess??

Karen and Matt said...

Such a cute picture!!! Such cute kiddos. Looking forward to seeing your new recipes!

linda said...

What a great photo. I love Kimble's expression.

Jeff and Lori said...

My biggest turn off in writing comments is that I check blogs while I'm nursing, and commenting one handed is a pain! But I understand the feeling. I write the blog as a journal of sorts, but the present day feedback makes me feel a bit less isolated. Not that I'm actually isolated, but adult empathetic interaction can be (relatively) rare during the day to day. It's nice to know people care and are interested. And your posts have provided lots of interest, laughter, and occasionally tears on my end. Keep them coming!