Monday, February 6, 2012

Blue Lip Special

Mr. Kimble has been worrying me lately.  For the past few weeks, he has had times where his lips are blue, or purple.  It started off a few weeks ago as happening once.. then days later, it happened again/  But for the past week, it's been a daily occurrence, if not multiple times during the day.  It doesn't happen at a specific time, and it doesn't affect his activity level.  He doesn't seem struggling for breath, and the only thing different, is that his lips look purple.

At every single appointment we have with the Cardiologist, we hear the same question get asked: "Has he had any bluish tint to the lips and/or fingernail beds?"  Now, unfortunately, I have a different answer to the question.  Yes. Yes he has.

The thing with cardiac kids, is that they are either doing great, or they are doing bad.  There really isn't an in-between phase for them.  The scary thing is, this happens fast. One day they are fine, and the next day they could be in cardiac arrest.  The sign of blue lips means that not enough oxygenated blood is making it through the body.  Because Kimble's blood route is altered, this should be a big flashing neon light that says to us:  The heart isn't functioning well enough.

It has me worried enough that I have called our Cardiologist to see if we need to bring Kimble in earlier than our set appointment scheduled for next week.  I really hate to see his blue/purple lips.  It scares me.  Big time.


I took this picture a few weeks ago, when he first presented with blue lips.  It didn't transpire the greatest, in the picture, but they are pretty dark purple in real life.

14 comments:

ryanamysmom said...

Praying for you and Mr. K. I hope you get in to the doc ASAP - 'cuz that's just not ok. Be persistent with the docs. At least make them check his o2 sats... that's cheap and easy....

I totally appreciate your comments about "they're ok or they're not" - My hubby (now 41) just turned that corner into "not ok" and he's in complete denial - I wish I could drag him to the doc as easy as a 2 year old.

Give that child a blessing and get him to the doc!

Jude said...

I don't normally pray, but have just said a little one for your little guy. I hope he is OK and it turns out to be nothing to worry about. No point telling you not to worry, but just remember he is a little fighter. Sending (((hugs))) to all of you/ Jude.x

Adri said...

Oh, Kimble! That is so scary! Kisses for your boy and prayers for you!

linda said...

Thoughts and prayers being sent your way. Sending you hugs.. linda

meg said...

Praying for Kimble and you all~ {hugs}

Ryan said...

We will be praying here too for that sweet little boy. We are anxious to hear when the appointment is and what you find out. I know this has been a nonstop roller coaster ride for the whole family. Lots of love and prayers coming your way. Love Nicki

Renny's little things said...

Lots of love and good vibes coming to you all from us in Aus. Hope that this is one of those nothing to worry about things. Good luck
Lots of love
Geniene in Aus

Claire said...

Very scary. I'll say a prayer for you all.

Patti S. said...

Praying here, too. Keep us posted.

Jeff and Lori said...

Oh sweet baby. Praying for you both.

Jen Sue Wild said...

My Heart is with you K and your family is always in my prayers. I hope you get answers soon.

Karen and Matt said...

So very scary. Keeping you guys in our prayers.

kdaygirl said...

So are you going into the Dr earlier now? Hope all is ok, I put his name in the prayer roll!

Sandy said...

Prayers that he is okay or at least that your questions will be answered.