Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Drawing


Kennedy drew a card for her teacher.  I'm not sure if it was meant as a Valentine's Day card, or just a card because she idolizes her teacher.  Either way, she worked very hard to produce the perfect drawing, and write all her words on her own.  She spelled "Mrs. Havens" as Misis Havins.  She also wrote "Look on the back" and when you turn it over, there is another picture of her and her teacher, drawn with love.

I don't remember much about my Kindergarten teacher.  The only thing I remember, is not making it to the bathroom one day, and as a result, I peed my pants.  During story time, when we were all supposed to be gathered around the teacher, sitting quietly on the floor, I sat clear across the room.  I didn't want anyone to know I had wet my pants, and so I figured nobody would smell anything if I was far enough away.  I remember the teacher coming over, encouraging me to join the rest of the class. I vehemently shook my head no, and stayed firmly grounded where I was. I was so sure she didn't suspect anything...that is, until I got home, and my mom met me at the door and ushered me to the shower.  I couldn't figure out how when I was so sneaky with my teacher, and yet my mom knew the instant I got home.  Moms are pretty smart.

3 comments:

Jen Sue Wild said...

She is getting so grown up on us!!
Boo.

Jude said...

What a sweet thing to do. :-) Jude.x

Maria said...

The card is so cute!